What I Found In My Refrigerator/Freezer

Wow. I just checked the fridge to see if I have any contributions (for sure, sometimes I will!) Well, there was a quarter of a red bell pepper... slimy, but you won't be able to tell that in a photo. Not so bad I can't donate it to the chickens.

Great thread, I know I'll have contributions!

(A few weeks ago I tossed out brussels sprouts that looked like that one!)

While digging through freezers to get ham out, I found a venison whole back strap steak. Swapped obviously, I'm not big on venison but my son is. He went home happy yesterday. My daughter won't eat venison. I still tease her about salami she ate and loved. Until I told her it was deer, lol. I wasn't popular!!

Russ

Isn't it funny when people love what they claim to hate if they do not know what they are eating?

My father did that. Once. He served a couple of friends venison and let them assume it was beef. After they ate, he revealed that it was venison. The wife of the couple ran off to the bathroom immediately... (I was probably about 12 at the time, so I don't recall if they ever came back for dinner again. But I think the husband had no problem with his new knowledge in itself.)

Okay, the other time he did that is when he mixed my aunt (Mom's sister) a drink, and told her it had vodka in it, as she had requested. This one was funny. He couldn't understand how she could get so giddy after just one drink, so that's why he tried this. She got "drunk" when there was absolutely no alcohol her in her beverage at all!

The thing about sausage, though, is that sausage doesn't really give you a meat's true flavor. It is modified through the spices that are included.

Last edited:
Isn't it funny when people love what they claim to hate if they do not know what they are eating?
The thing that cracks me up the most is when people get angry when they like something that turns out to be healthy. These people act like they have been betrayed on the order of someone who's been tricked out of their life savings. I know that these people won't even try something that they know is healthy, since they already have preconceived notions about what healthy means (i.e., unhealthy = tasty; healthy = boring). So, I generally don't tell them. :whistling:

DIL and Grandson are picky eaters and have a long list of food that they refuse to eat. I get a big kick out of watching them have second servings of food they "hate "
G tells me I am wicked - while he laughs.

Found in the back of my fridge - any guesses?

20190417_105839.jpg

I nearly bought some cold meat yesterday for sammiches. Wife reminded me we had a chunk of beef in the freezer. I took it out last night and cooked it. Cold sammies later??

Russ

Ok the thought of the beef in the fridge got to me, just had a beef n piccalilli sammich, meat melted in the mouth. It's really the best beef I've had in a while.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom