FREE RANGE EGG & CRISPY BACON £3.10
CHICKEN CORONATION with Indian chutney £3.20
CHICKEN BLT £3.20
PASTRAMI MUSTARD & DILL PICKLE £3.20
AVOCADO & BACON £3.30
RARE ROAST BEEF, TOMATO & HORSERADISH £3.30
CHICKEN BACON AVOCADO £3.30
CAJUN CHICKEN & MEXICANA CHEESE £3.30
PASTRAMI & STILTON with green chilli mayo £3.30 <=== personal favourite!
HAM, CHICKEN or TURKEY SALAD £3.30
CHICKEN BACON & SMOKED CHEESE £3.30
TURKEY BACON EMMENTHAL £3.30
PRAWN SALAD with cocktail sauce £3.30
AVOCADO & PRAWN with cocktail sauce £3.50
NEW YORK DELI £3.50
GLUTEN FREE BREAD 50
SPECIALITY ROLLS 70
EXTRA SALAD 40/70

There is a "Subway" on the corner of my road, but there is nothing in their menu that I particularly like or can make at home for a fraction of the price. The sandwiches we used to get years ago were about twice the size of theirs and far more inviting.

There is a "Subway" on the corner of my road, but there is nothing in their menu that I particularly like or can make at home for a fraction of the price. The sandwiches we used to get years ago were about twice the size of theirs and far more inviting.

That's exactly why we don't go to them. And it's one of Craig's pet peeves that their sandwiches never look like those in the commercials. There are only a couple of places he will go for a sub for lunch when he's on the road for work.

That's exactly why we don't go to them. And it's one of Craig's pet peeves that their sandwiches never look like those in the commercials. There are only a couple of places he will go for a sub for lunch when he's on the road for work.
We get coupons from Subway for free ones, but I still don't get them. Free McDonalds I can cope with because their new ranges are rather nice, but not Subway.

A doorstep was every day sandwhiches when I grew up, my mum was left handed and couldn't cut bread straight to save herself. We still joke about it today. If you wanted a slice you had to cut on a 30 degree angle. Funny as hell.

Russ

Speaking of doorsteps!

For me, Subway always has a strange smell to the shop that puts me off imediately, so I've never had one - though that is possibly for another thread.

On topic: to me a sandwich is two slices of bread, anything else has its own name; roll, baguette, wrap etc..

For me, Subway always has a strange smell to the shop that puts me off imediately, so I've never had one

Our Subway is in what is now the Budgens store attached to the local garage - full of exhaust and petrol fumes because people pay for their petrol at the same counter :( At least the carwash is over the other side of the site, so you don't get soggy Subways! The Costa has now reverted to being a large outdoor coffee machine, so you take your chances.

I read this today:

"Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg of the U.S. Supreme Court—sometimes better known as the Notorious RBG, depending on who you talk to—is known for a number of things. Of course, she’s known for those jabots. You know, the lace collars? Of course you do. And more importantly, she’s known for her poise, intelligence and decisiveness in the courtroom.

On Wednesday, Justice Ginsburg handed down a decision of little-to-no importance, which has coincidently become one of the most important pieces of food news this week. In a pre-recorded segment from The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, the feminist icon sat down with Colbert for an interview before showing him how a real Justice pumps iron in the gym.

“I was told not to ask her about any pending cases before the court, but I just had to press her on one of the most divisive issues facing our country,” said Colbert in a voice-over. “Is a hot dog a sandwich?”

“You’re asking me?” she responded, bewildered, after hesitating. “You tell me what a sandwich is and I’ll tell you if a hot dog is a sandwich.”

There it was; an encapsulation of the great logic and reasoning required of a truly great Supreme Court Justice.

Colbert went on to explain that a sandwich is made up of two pieces of bread with literally anything in between them—implying that this KFC Waffle Double Down is not actually a sandwich. Justice Ginsburg, immediately picking up on the fine details of the question, asked about a roll that isn’t completely separated.

“See, this is why you’re on the Supreme Court,” said Colbert, before giving the example of a sub sandwich.

Then, to bated breath, the Notorious RBG handed down her decision in the case of Hot Dog v. Sandwich.

“On your definition, yes, it is.”

Rewrite the food textbooks, the law textbooks and the history textbooks, because this case is settled, folks.

Not that I'm taking any notice!

Bah humbug - a sandwich is a filling between two SLICES of bread - I doubt if a hot dog would pass muster with the inventor [the fourth earl of sandwich] who would eat them at his gaming table

There is no written evidence of whether John Montagu stated "two pieces of bread" or "two slices of bread" when he requested his meal brought to the gambling table in the 18th century. Although given that "sliced" bread was not known at the time, it was more likely to be the former.

20180422_122457.jpg

I read this today:

"Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg of the U.S. Supreme Court—sometimes better known as the Notorious RBG, depending on who you talk to—is known for a number of things. Of course, she’s known for those jabots. You know, the lace collars? Of course you do. And more importantly, she’s known for her poise, intelligence and decisiveness in the courtroom.

On Wednesday, Justice Ginsburg handed down a decision of little-to-no importance, which has coincidently become one of the most important pieces of food news this week. In a pre-recorded segment from The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, the feminist icon sat down with Colbert for an interview before showing him how a real Justice pumps iron in the gym.

“I was told not to ask her about any pending cases before the court, but I just had to press her on one of the most divisive issues facing our country,” said Colbert in a voice-over. “Is a hot dog a sandwich?”

“You’re asking me?” she responded, bewildered, after hesitating. “You tell me what a sandwich is and I’ll tell you if a hot dog is a sandwich.”

There it was; an encapsulation of the great logic and reasoning required of a truly great Supreme Court Justice.

Colbert went on to explain that a sandwich is made up of two pieces of bread with literally anything in between them—implying that this KFC Waffle Double Down is not actually a sandwich. Justice Ginsburg, immediately picking up on the fine details of the question, asked about a roll that isn’t completely separated.

“See, this is why you’re on the Supreme Court,” said Colbert, before giving the example of a sub sandwich.

Then, to bated breath, the Notorious RBG handed down her decision in the case of Hot Dog v. Sandwich.

“On your definition, yes, it is.”

Rewrite the food textbooks, the law textbooks and the history textbooks, because this case is settled, folks.

Not that I'm taking any notice!

The representative from the great state of Yorky has put forth the argument, in terms explained by Justice Ginsberg, that the Contitution is a living document; that our first laws are to be subjected to interpretation.
The decision to recognize a hot dog as a sandwich based simply on pure testimony is the keystone of their rather flacid debate.

I say, my esteemed colleagues, that the spirit of the recently passed Justice Scalia is in its entirely insulted by such a shallow and unconstitutional reproach.

Originalists would most certainly state that in its nature, a hot dog has from its inception been considered a being in its own right. That special recognition must be given to the specific individuality of its existence to the point of it becoming its own genre.

I submit the rest of my time to the house...

Back
Top Bottom