What is the cheapest creative cooking utensil/equipment in your kitchen?

Mine would have to be long chopsticks. They can serve so many purposes. :)

Mine would have to be long chopsticks. They can serve so many purposes. :)
I'd be interested to know what else you use them for (apart from eating with)....your hair is too short to pierce them through a bun!

Oh, sorry.

Besides being a utensil to help with cooking such as turning, stirring, flipping and removing food - especially in a precise way, they can be used to prop things up in a pan to cook on edge, or keep a lid just slightly askew to help something reduce without splatters. They can be used as a trivet for a hot pot, or to check the temp of hot oil, or a bookmark for a cook book.

I bought a set of 5 knives, a knife sharper, and a chopping board, all in a case, from a Pound Shop about 17 years ago. The all purpose kitchen knife died a couple of years ago (the plastic handle split and fell apart), but all the others are still going strong. The bread knife I also use for extra fine chopping is in this set.

Oh, sorry.

Besides being a utensil to help with cooking such as turning, stirring, flipping and removing food - especially in a precise way, they can be used to prop things up in a pan to cook on edge, or keep a lid just slightly askew to help something reduce without splatters. They can be used as a trivet for a hot pot, or to check the temp of hot oil, or a bookmark for a cook book.

I am looking at chopsticks in an entirely new and liberated way....

Back
Top Bottom