What is the most Expensive Countertop Appliance That You Bought for the Kitchen?

Sometimes this method of washing the liquidiser is not sufficient though. Maybe your model is different from mine (I have a Philips one) and anything that is not just water based, i.e. with oil I find it best to clean the black rubber ring around the base of the actual blade. This is because the usual method of washing the liquidiser doesn't get to this part - it's the sealed off part - so I have to disconnect this base part (holding the blade)...do you know about this?

I agree with you though about the ability to grind nuts (for which I have an attachment).

Maybe your hand blender is different too since mine is slim and stands on the work surface in its container, i.e. it's ready to use and just requires switching on. I only have the one attachment though, i.e. not a selection. It suffices!
Yeh - my liquidiser is of the Vitamix type. It doesn't have any rubber seals on the inside like an old style liquidiser. Its an Omniblend V. totally different quality to any Philips ones I had in the past and the grinding of nuts, I meant (and accept that I'm not that coherent yet this morning) into a fine paste to make nut butter, nut cream or nut cheese from, so with water into a totally smooth paste. this is what I have. and as for oil, no issues there either.
upload_2017-4-26_9-4-36.png

I also have no kitchen worksurface space at all, so nothing can stand in its container on the worktops. I literally mean none. There is enough next to the cooker to fit a breadboard/chopping board and that is it. I'll track down my stick blender now.

It looks the business.:) But why would I want to make that much dough at once? I can see it would make sense if one was catering.

I still have yet to make that much myself, but it IS nice to know that I can, just in case someone asks me to. :wink:

Yeh - my liquidiser is of the Vitamix type. It doesn't have any rubber seals on the inside like an old style liquidiser. Its an Omniblend V. totally different quality to any Philips ones I had in the past and the grinding of nuts, I meant (and accept that I'm not that coherent yet this morning) into a fine paste to make nut butter, nut cream or nut cheese from, so with water into a totally smooth paste. this is what I have. and as for oil, no issues there either.
View attachment 6698

I also have no kitchen worksurface space at all, so nothing can stand in its container on the worktops. I literally mean none. There is enough next to the cooker to fit a breadboard/chopping board and that is it. I'll track down my stick blender now.

I was looking at both the Vtamix & Blentec machines the other day at BB&B. No, Morning glory, I didn't get one. I wanted the Cuisinart food processor & got it. Hah!!:wink:

It looks the business.:) But why would I want to make that much dough at once? I can see it would make sense if one was catering.

It IS all business! It can accommodate a large array of attachments, which I never bought any.
Mainly because there would be no place to put them.

The Cuisinart can handle the things that the attachments can do, saving tons of money & space the kitchen being cluttered with that stuff!!. :wink:

Last edited:
I paid £46. Buy cheap, buy at least twice.
I paid £40 for my last kettle (good brand, good reviews) exactly for that reason. However it was defunct after one year's use! If I get one year out of my £12 kettle I will think I'm doing OK! I've had it a month so far... the toaster (same brand - equally cheap) I've had much longer.

View attachment 6698
It still has the same issue as my liquidiser though. (I edited my post to better reflect what I mean). Notably, that if what is liquidised is sticky, then food may still stick to the underside of the blades which may not be removed when washing the blender. Does your base come away like mine does (detaches) in order to clean this?

Preethi Nitro 4 Jar Mixer & Grinder with Super Extractor, 110 Volt..jpg

I thought about getting THIS, mainly because it comes with a juicer, which I'd need, since I need a blender to start making cold smoothies & extracted juice.
It is not that expensive. Only $140. :wink:

View attachment 6721

I thought about getting THIS, mainly because it comes with a juicer, which I'd need, since I need a blender to start making cold smoothies & extracted juice.
It is not that expensive. Only $140. :wink:

Seems to me you are starting to collect again... this is a lot of kit, which needs a lot of storage space. I just worry about you @Shermie! :)

The most expensive item I've got on my counter top is my food mixer. I did need a replacement for my liquidiser (£55), but the mixer was on offer and has all the attachments and a grinder as well for £125. Plus, when I bought it. the goblets are glass - the current model is all plastic and doesn't have the attachments either. It's all easy to clean and everthing except the bases can be slung in the dishwasher. I have relegated my older grinder to spices only as it only does small quantities but it's terrible to keep clean even with a brush to clean under the blades and a damp cloth to clean everything else.

Seems to me you are starting to collect again... this is a lot of kit, which needs a lot of storage space. I just worry about you @Shermie! :)

Got a storage space for it already when it's not in use. I plan these things out ahead of time to see how things pan out. :wink:

Last edited:
It still has the same issue as my liquidiser though. (I edited my post to better reflect what I mean). Notably, that if what is liquidised is sticky, then food may still stick to the underside of the blades which may not be removed when washing the blender. Does your base come away like mine does (detaches) in order to clean this?
Let's just say that I've never had issues with anything sticking to the underside of the blades. Nothing sticks to the blades end of story. It just isn't an issue.

I paid £40 for my last kettle (good brand, good reviews) exactly for that reason. However it was defunct after one year's use! If I get one year out of my £12 kettle I will think I'm doing OK! I've had it a month so far... the toaster (same brand - equally cheap) I've had much longer.
£5 Tesco's - been using it for 2 years now [similar to the previous one which only passed away because the rubber sealing washer on the element finally perished]. Is it pretty - no. does it boil water - yes - it is a kettle, it does a job of work. I spend very little time in the kitchen admiring the beauty of the appliances.

Back
Top Bottom