What is the most famous food in your country?

ReadmeByAmy

Veteran
Local time
2:51 PM
What is the most famous food in your country that is already part of your everyday meal?

Here in our place KIMCHI is our famous food and the people here cannot eat if there is no Kimchi that is being serve together with the other side dishes in a meal. Preserved Kimchi is a great source of fiber and calcium and had lots of vitamins and a very healthy dish too. That is why this dish is well loved by all Koreans for decades already.

What is the most famous food in your country that is already part of your everyday meal?

Here in our place KIMCHI is our famous food and the people here cannot eat if there is no Kimchi that is being serve together with the other side dishes in a meal. Preserved Kimchi is a great source of fiber and calcium and had lots of vitamins and a very healthy dish too. That is why this dish is well loved by all Koreans for decades already.
Can you please add Korea to your picture? To see how follow this link How to add your location to below your avatar. So many times you have posted things about 'here' and I don't know where you are!. I love kimchi, by the way!

Most famous but part of everyday? Hard to say. How many of us here in the UK eat Yorkshire puddings on an everyday basis? I think Chicken Tikka Masala might be eaten more often!

Most famous but part of everyday? Hard to say. How many of us here in the UK eat Yorkshire puddings on an everyday basis? I think Chicken Tikka Masala might be eaten more often!
Have both. Chicken Tikka Masala indeed!
img_4831.png

There's always Cornish Pasties to consider.
Wenslydale Cheese as made famous worldwide by Wallace & Gromit.

Good point [although I'm not sure all that many eat curry on a daily basis] but if we mean famous in the sort of showbiz sense sadly I suspect it will be a Big Mac and coke

I can say that menudo is one of the most favorite in the Philippines because it may not be an everyday dish in our home, it is almost everywhere in any restaurants particularly in cheap eateries. Menudo is a sauteed pork with raisins, potatoes and beans. The pork liver is the trade mark of menudo which gives it a peculiar taste. The broth of the stew comes from tomatoes and soy sauce. For us, menudo is our Christmas dish for so many years now and I really like it myself.

Gosh, I'm a bit of a nomad in that I grew up in Australia, married an American and lived there, and now I'm living in Japan because of his work. So lets see. Australia would probably be most famous for meat pies, pavlova (although New Zealand would contest us on that!), ANZAC biscuits, and seafood. America always makes me think burgers, barbecue and sweet pies (apple, pumpkin, pecan). As for Japan, most people would immediately think sushi but there's a lot more depth than that! Great Japanese curries, tempura, soba and udon noodles, ramen, the list goes on!

That's a tricky question. It could be pudding and souse, rice and peas and stew, flying fish and cou cou (our national dish) among others. I'd be eager to hear what Caribbean Girl thinks.

That's a tricky question. It could be pudding and souse, rice and peas and stew, flying fish and cou cou (our national dish) among others. I'd be eager to hear what Caribbean Girl thinks.

You know something winterybella? I was here thinking of the same foods you have mentioned, and was finding it hard to come up with one. Pudding and souse, although very popular, is mainly a weekend treat, so I would rule that out as an everyday meal. Flying fish and cou-cou is popular with a lot of people, as well as being our national dish. There are some people, however, who are not fond of cou-cou. I am fond of it, but would only eat it like once a week. Rice and peas and stew is definitely popular and would be eaten on a regular basis, so I will have to go with the rice and peas and stew as the most famous food.

Well I suppose the Adobo takes the cake in my country of Philippines. It's chicken and pork marinated in soy sauce, vinegar and other spices with the addition of potatoes-- it really depends on the regional variety really. We also have Chop Suey which is a very famous Chinese dish and Filipino Paella which is derived from our Spanish colonizers of the past.

Back
Top Bottom