What is the strangest doughnut you've eaten?

True2marie

Veteran
Local time
12:19 PM
What is the strangest doughnut you've eaten?

Have you ever heard of the Voodoo Doughnut Shop? It's a place located in Oregon that offers a wild array of doughnuts. The craziest doughnut I had was from this place - a doughnut with bacon baked on top.

splash_a.png

I did go to Voodoo's but didn't actually stay for a donut because it was pouring rain and the line was out the door! Didn't really seem worth it to me but apparently it is lol. I've had a few bacon maple donuts, they're pretty good!

Why mess with manna from heaven? A good hot glazed, raised doughnut is about as good as you can get. The best have some potato as part of the dough. No cake donuts, please.

Nothing's wrong with experimenting with food. That's how a lot of the best dishes come together. I definitely enjoyed the mix of doughnut and bacon.

All we have around here is a Dunkin Donut shop and all they offer is a bacon doughnut breakfast sandwich, which I haven't tried yet. I have eaten bacon with a donut and have no problem with the fact that people might like bacon doughnuts. Of course, Letterman has fun with it. I just have trouble getting past a good hot doughnut.

I do not recall having an "exotic" donut. I love chocolate dounts. They are my favorite! I think as "exotic" as I have gotten with donuts is, I ate a green colored donut from Dunkin Donuts on St. Pattys day. The flavor was regular but the color was green. I'm with Thomas Pendrake onthis one, when he said "A good hot glazed, raised doughnut is about as good as you can get."

I have not eaten a strangest doughnut only the regular ones that is being sold here in our place by Dunkin Donut. food store. All their simple flavors I had already tried eating and nothing strange I had tried so far if I want to eat a doughnut.

I've tried doughnuts with bacon as well, although not from that exact shop, but I thought they were surprisingly good. I never was one to mix sweets with savory that much, but with the recent trends such as these, my eyes have been opened and I've grown an appreciation for these seemingly weird combinations. :)

I can't think of any really strange ones I've had before.

I do love trying new varieties of foods, though, so I would probably love that bacon one! I can imagine a bunch of other variations I would love, too.

Back
Top Bottom