What is your favo(u)rite pepper?

Over the years, I've gotten tired of jalapeno peppers, since they seem to be everywhere, even in the phenomenal Mexican Town restaurants downtown

Jalapeños are not chili peppers which are normally available here (although green cayennes are very similar but significantly hotter) so they can be a bit of a treat. These were grown in a mate's garden here and I am pickling them in white 5% cold vinegar (only).

pickled jalapeno p s.jpg

Last edited:
@Yorky Thanks for bringing this thread back up!:pepper:I don't think I've met a chili I don't like. There are some I don't have access to which I would like to try. No real favorite though.

4D725635-7A3F-4B77-9620-3AB296EDB6F8.jpeg

Red jalapeño peppers! These were grown in a local garden, so they don’t have to adhere to the “need” that markets here have to only provide green jalapeños.

The flavor is terrific, and of course spicier than the less ripe green ones. CraigC and medtran49: you have these available where you are, don’t you?

View attachment 32849
Red jalapeño peppers! These were grown in a local garden, so they don’t have to adhere to the “need” that markets here have to only provide green jalapeños.

The flavor is terrific, and of course spicier than the less ripe green ones. CraigC and medtran49: you have these available where you are, don’t you?

Not year round. I haven't seen any at the Latino market since the last time I purchased them.

Hard to choose!

But I think dried smoked chipotles are my favorite. So aromatic and I use them in a lot of my favorite dishes.

When it comes to fresh peppers I prefer birds eye chillis, they pack a good punch in a small package.

Back
Top Bottom