What is your favorite beer?

I have to say that I do not drink a lot of beer lately, and with the heat now it makes me sweat as if I had just left a pool, but I like beer, especially to share with friends .. for me already a small beer is enough to make me turn a bit the head .. anyway one of my favourite beers is the Corona (I do not remember if spanish or mexican) with the lemon slice inside ... very good. Then there are the artisan beers such as the typical Piedmont Menabrea or the one I drink at home every now and then, Ichnusa beer (Sardinia). Belgian beers I also like very much, such as the Blanche, light and with a lemon aftertaste. In short, I like beers not too dark.

Last edited:
I've been drinking that lately - its Mexican I think. Served with a twist of lime and salt around the rim of the glass. Its very refreshing.

Yes fantastic beer! Here is served only with a slice of lemon inside the bottle of the beer, not in the glass and with not salt around. Well, I think that whatever it is served, is Super :drink::thumbsup:

I spent two years of my life drinking Melotti beer. Well, not the entire two years, obviously. The Melotti brewery was in the Eritrean capital, Asmara, and one of the numerous legacies of Italy's brief colonial period.

This wasn't entirely by choice, more to do with the fact that there was little option. Towards the end of my two years in Eritrea, one of my regular bars stocked the Ethiopian beer Bedele, which became my tipple for two reasons. One, it had a little more flavour and two, it was a relatively light 4.4% against the rather vigorous 5.2% of Melotti. On a few occasions, we had the Ethiopian St George beer as well, a similar strength to Bedele.

One of my volunteer colleagues was a maths teacher called Steve. He was a lovely fellow, but like many maths people, possessed of a curious lack of logic. He swore to me that it was impossible to get drunk on Melotti and spent an entire afternoon and evening trying to prove his case. He failed to make it to school the next day.

In the early 1970s we used to drink Tiger Beer (5%) which was good to go with curry. I don't know whether my tastes have changed dramatically or the beer has, but it tastes pretty insipid now.

BTW, did you know they make beer for dogs? It's called Snuffle :laugh: and comes in beef or chicken flavour. It has malt barley in it too. Luckily it is non-alcoholic.

"In the early 1970s we used to drink Tiger Beer (5%) which was good to go with curry. I don't know whether my tastes have changed dramatically or the beer has, but it tastes pretty insipid now."

Would that be the Tiger beer currently brewed in Singapore?

tiger.jpg

"In the early 1970s we used to drink Tiger Beer (5%) which was good to go with curry. I don't know whether my tastes have changed dramatically or the beer has, but it tastes pretty insipid now."

tiger.jpg

That is the one I'm familiar with. I haven't had any in a while.

I used to drink a different Tiger, that brewed by Everards Brewery of Leicester. A pal of mine used to work round the corner from King's Cross station and there was an Everards pub down by the canal that we used to frequent. It was unusual in a couple of ways; one, Everards don't venture much outside Leicestershire and two, it was one of those pubs that you would be unlikely to stumble across, being tucked away in a back street.

I never quite understood the tiger link with Leicester (the rugby team is known as The Tigers), but apparently it was the nickname of the Leicestershire Regiment.

tiger.jpg
That's the one! My boyfriend at the time came from Singapore.

Splendid news from one of my favourite breweries. Hook Norton are offering free delivery on online orders. Time, then, for a case of Hooky Bitter.

Hook Norton is now the oldest brewery in Oxfordshire. When I lived in that county, it was merely the third oldest, with Morrell's and Morland's ahead of it. Sadly, these two breweries, both more than two hundred years old, are no more, murdered by evil money grabbers.

Happily, Hook Norton lives on and new breweries have sprung up. Beer will never die.

Splendid news from one of my favourite breweries. Hook Norton are offering free delivery on online orders. Time, then, for a case of Hooky Bitter.

Hook Norton is now the oldest brewery in Oxfordshire. When I lived in that county, it was merely the third oldest, with Morrell's and Morland's ahead of it. Sadly, these two breweries, both more than two hundred years old, are no more, murdered by evil money grabbers.

Happily, Hook Norton lives on and new breweries have sprung up. Beer will never die.
:cheers:

I've been drinking that lately - its Mexican I think. Served with a twist of lime and salt around the rim of the glass. Its very refreshing.

@morning glory & @MypinchofItaly

Corona is Mexican ..

I am not a beer drinker ( I am a wine drinker ) but once in a blue moon, a Corona can be very refreshing.

In Spain, they are labelled " Coronita" ( Little Crown ) as the country is a Monarchy ..

Have a nice weekend .. Ha Ha Ha ..

@morning glory & @MypinchofItaly

Corona is Mexican ..

I am not a beer drinker ( I am a wine drinker ) but once in a blue moon, a Corona can be very refreshing.

In Spain, they are labelled " Coronita" ( Little Crown ) as the country is a Monarchy ..

Have a nice weekend .. Ha Ha Ha ..
In the 1950s Corona was the name of a soft drink in the UK. Now it's beer.

Back
Top Bottom