What is your favorite beer?

image.jpg

The St Peter's porter is most pleasant. The only drawback, albeit a minor one, is that one has to treat it with a little more respect than a session beer. At 5.1%, swilling and guzzling are not advisable approaches. It went down especially nicely last night in the wake of a rare Newcastle win over Arsenal (with apologies to our resident Arsenal supporter).

I probably mentioned this before. Here are 2 pics. The second one shows the Serrano chili in the bottle. Sorry if the pics look fuzzy, the bottle was sweating. Cave Creek Chile Beer.

36788-albums322-picture7321.jpg

36788-albums322-picture7322.jpg

One of my very favourites is this Danish ale, Nors Stout. It was lovely. It is also a strong ale at 5.7%

View attachment 15748

Denmark seems to have a vast collection of micro-breweries these days. I got some stout in Copenhagen although I can't remember the name of it now. It was exceptionally good, though.

The Danes' concept of a session beer is something a bit stronger than here in the UK. We went to a brew pub in Copenhagen and they had no less than fifteen beers on tap. The lightest strength was 4.7%, which I think they regarded as a kind of children's beer!

Not sure about that label though! There was something I read recently about sexist beer labels...
I guess from my background (having a mother as a women's rights activist and having worked in the 'industry' I did) I've learnt to not worry about those things quite so much and see the alternate sides. It's a good marketing strategy in the right country for one alternate side.

Me? I'm more interested in the content than the label and for those offended by the label (I'm not one of them), there are plenty of others to choose from, but they missed a darned good beer. Plus in Scandinavian they are much more open about these things and it isn't always about exploitation. It can be very much about alternative meanings.

Here it is about a good body, who's is the question and it's the contents of the bottle here.

As an aside and somewhat curiously my mother started to started to ease up on feminism, sexism, racism and every other ism she forced down our throats as we were growing up the more we holidayed in Scandinavian. My much younger brother and sister grew up with a totally different mother than my brother and I.

The Danes' concept of a session beer is something a bit stronger than here in the UK. We went to a brew pub in Copenhagen and they had no less than fifteen beers on tap. The lightest strength was 4.7%, which I think they regarded as a kind of children's beer!
I know some we had were well into the 8% range. I'll have to check what the ones here are, I've not given them much thought. But I do know they are quite strong (not the typical Aussie ones usually though). The one we currently get is from NZ.

As an aside and somewhat curiously my mother started to started to ease up on feminism, sexism, racism

Not sure how its possible to 'ease up' on being anti racist without becoming racist.

But anyway - I don't particularly like women's bodies being used to sell things. Sadly it happens all the time and little girls are still dressed in pink. I don't suppose it will ever completely change - which might be one of the may reasons why there are far less women than men in top positions in industries of all kinds.

The news story is here :http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5456525/Sexist-craft-beer-names-images-banned.html

I'll post it in the 'news' thread....

I checked in the fridge and the red IPA we have in there is 8%!

We opened this little magic box last night. It's from the ever-reliable Yeovil Ales and is a pleasingly tangy session beer. Not sure about the name, mind.

P5060004.JPG

Back
Top Bottom