What is your favorite beer?

20180603_162451.jpg

Scotland is really like nz, in my opinion, I've been all over Scotland England and Wales. Loved the isle of skyecand Inverness and surrounds. Sorry, off topic, just thought I'd mention it. We have great coastal roads btw.

Russ

Just to steer this somewhere back towards beer while keeping the theme of the conversation, when I first moved to Scotland in 1992, there were a mere eight breweries in the whole country. One of these (Broughton) looked like it was on its last legs. Another, Scottish and Newcastle, was one of the former "big six" and produced nothing worth drinking.

These days, however, Scotland is teeming with breweries. I couldn't tell you exactly how many, but we must have at least sixty independent breweries here now. You may well ask why this should be. Well, for one thing, I think it's a general trend in the UK. Another factor is the very popular brewing course at Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh. A good many of the newer brewers are graduates of this course.

The same here duck, lots of mini breweries, with that many a few are struggling. I mainly drink. Spirits but al my local I drink old dark, a dark brew obviously, but if I'm having a curry obviously I drink kingfisher lager. I used to,make my own about 30 years ago, an Australian lager kit you can get here still I think. Coopers lager.

Russ

I wish a few more would pop up around here. I'm not keen on purchasing stuff, however good it is and even if it is my favourite, that has been transported half way around the world. However, I'm even less keen on stuff that's see through!

I wish a few more would pop up around here. I'm not keen on purchasing stuff, however good it is and even if it is my favourite, that has been transported half way around the world. However, I'm even less keen on stuff that's see through!

I know we've mentioned Monteith's beer before - I know it's from NZ, but can you get it readily in Oz?

Back
Top Bottom