What is your favorite kind of cheesecake?

L_B

Veteran
Local time
5:36 PM
I don't have cheesecake often but do enjoy it every now and then during the holidays.
I usually make cherry cheescake because it is a family favorite but I have also done
blueberry and raspberry. I seen the recipes for lemon cheesecake but never attempted
it. I love lemon but the rest of my family just aren't crazy about it so I figure if I made a lemon
one I would have to eat it all myself.

So what kind of cheesecake do you like and what ones have you made?

I make a no bake cheescake as well. I use lemon flavouring, but as Mr WD has high cholesterol, we don't have it very often as it uses double cream.

No one in my family likes cheesecake so I only get it when I go out. I usually get the strawberry cheesecake when I can.

Strawberry is what I think I like. I try to stay far away from it as I think I'll end up eating an entire cake if you let me. I have never made one myself but I have gone for a simple cheese cake with strawberry on top.

The best I've ever had at a café was a honeycomb cheesecake which was so good - but it was a limited time thing and they've never made it since!

My favorite that I've made was a cappuccino cheesecake - coffee/chocolate flavored! My husband loves anything coffee and chocolate flavored so it was a huge hit.

Reactions: L_B
Those sound really good Cupcakechef. It's always fun to try something different. I also make the non cooked one. I find it to be not as sweet as the cooked variety. A lot of great replies, thanks everyone.

Raspberry mascarpone and honey or we do a ginger nut crumb base and use pears
I also did a savoury cheese cake with cummin in the base and blue cheese in the mix

I like regular cheesecake, but I've seen some with strawberry on them or little bits of chocolate kisses. Those look yummy.

I love all kinds of cheesecake. One of the best ones I've had was a Bailey's Irish Cream cheesecake. I had it at a restaurant in Toronto. When I was little my best friends' mom used to make blueberry cheesecake. I can still remember it to this day how good it was. She used a shortbread bottom rather than graham crumbs. It was so delicious. I keep looking for a recipe for this kind of cheesecake. I want to make it for my kids. The shortbread is so different than a graham crumb bottom, it's denser and sweeter.

Reactions: L_B
My most favorite cheesecake is rich cocoa cheesecake which I have tried at a specialty cake store. The cake was so rich and decadent, and the chocolate had a deep chocolate taste that is almost dark chocolate. Really lovely. You know it is rich as it's sooo heavy and I felt like it was going to go through the box it came in. So yummy.

Back
Top Bottom