What is your favourite green vegetable?

I am, by no means, a regular customer but I have a free pass at the moment so delivery is costing me nothing which is always a good thing. But I do like the fact that they have things which are difficult to source elsewhere.

I am, by no means, a regular customer but I have a free pass at the moment so delivery is costing me nothing which is always a good thing. But I do like the fact that they have things which are difficult to source elsewhere.

I pay for the pass annually - I use it a lot! I alternate it with Tesco's deliveries.

Greens are a bit like my children. I want to believe I like them all equally. But, I have to admit I do like some better than others, though which ones I like best can change from time to time. If I had to pick just 2, it'd be brussels sprouts and arugula (rocket).

Now that I've seen the uprising against kale, I feel compelled to try to defend the poor, scrubbing pad consistency green, a bit like a child that everyone's picking on. In other words, I'll have to make something with it!
  • I have made kale chips: they're spectacular explosions of grease and salt, which defeats the purpose of the original green. But, then again, people fry all sorts of initially healthy things (potatoes, mushrooms, etc).
  • I have also made a kale salad that tasted good, but you absolutely do need an acid (like lemon juice) and a bit of oil to break down the tough fibers.
Having said all that, I do believe that kale is one of those ingredients that chefs like to use to prove their prowess with cooking: if I can make this piece of crap taste good, then I must be a great chef! Then, of course, all the chefs go out of their way to compliment the chef on the brilliant recipe. Sort of an Emperor Has No Clothes type of thing.

Spruce ( A color of the pines on a Spruce Tree ) Black Green ..

I eat black spruce colored Cavolo when I go to Italy as it is indigenious to Italy and very black spruce Green in color ..

Ah - we are both Ocado customers! They certainly do have things that are difficult to find elsewhere. Unfortunately for some - @LadyBelle and I think @epicuric for example - they are still areas where they don't deliver.

I literally live in the middle of nowhere !

It’s the reason I commute 2 hours a day, but the mountains, greenery and peaceful life are a great pay off!

Back
Top Bottom