What is your favourite savoury pie?

ginsters-so-called-pasty.jpg

I think beef pastys are my favorite. This is normally the part where I say "...and now I have to make one!" But, with my new-found concern for weight loss, I don't think I'll be doing this anytime soon. :cry:

I too am watching my weight swapped gin and water from rum n coke. Havnt has a pastie in 6 months, a bakery about 20 mins away make the best ones I've ever had. The guy that runs it is a Vietnamese baker. Real good.

Russ

I too am watching my weight swapped gin and water from rum n coke.
I was puzzled by this but was surprised to learn that rum does indeed have less calories than gin. I assume the coke is sugar free? Vodka has the same as rum so you could do vodka and zero sugar tonic.

Boiled egg with sausage and beans on toast yesterday.

View attachment 14987

I was puzzled by this but was surprised to learn that rum does indeed have less calories than gin. I assume the coke is sugar free? Vodka has the same as rum so you could do vodka and zero sugar tonic.

Lol, I love rum and coke but gin and water is definitely better for the waist. Not big on vodka as I got pretty drunk on it as a 16 yo. Guinness is another beer I like occasionally.

Russ

Lol, I love rum and coke but gin and water is definitely better for the waist. Not big on vodka as I got pretty drunk on it as a 16 yo. Guinness is another beer I like occasionally.

Misunderstood - I thought you meant you had started drinking rum and coke instead of gin and water. I'm sure when I looked it up rum has less calories than gin.
So rum and diet coke would be less cals than gin and water. I'll check again.

Zero sugar usually means aspartame, sucralose etc. Evidence has emerged that these are just as bad for you as sugar - they affect the way in which the body processes other calories - in this case those in the rum - and not in a good way. Links to obesity and type 2 diabetes have been found in recent studies. I would stick to the gin and water @rascal. Actually, I wouldn't - it sounds ghastly. Would gin with a dash of lime juice be ok? :drink:

I do squeeze lemons from my 2 lemon trees. Funny story, people find it odd when they are here and my 3 grandsons when wanting a leak, just wander over to,the lemon tree and whizz on that, gets them talking,lol

Russ

Zero sugar usually means aspartame, sucralose etc. Evidence has emerged that these are just as bad for you as sugar - they affect the way in which the body processes other calories - in this case those in the rum - and not in a good way. Links to obesity and type 2 diabetes have been found in recent studies. I would stick to the gin and water @rascal. Actually, I wouldn't - it sounds ghastly. Would gin with a dash of lime juice be ok? :drink:

I think that the issue would only arise where people are drinking lots of diet coke every day. The small amount of coke in the occasional rum and coke would be unlikely to do this.

Back
Top Bottom