What is your largest pot, Casserole or Baking Pan or Bowl?

Aargh - UK fluid oz is bigger that USA oz! :scratchhead: Any good at maths?

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 12.12.47.png

I cannot understand why there is a difference. Fluid ounces (as far as I know) are based on the weight of water. I'm sure that water weighs the same in US as it does in UK. Or maybe not?

When the last 3 or 4% of the world finally decides to use metric measurements, all these problems will disappear.

We are off topic..

When the last 3 or 4% of the world finally decides to use metric measurements, all these problems will disappear.
Is it only that small %? Its lunatic in the UK - we still use miles on road signs (although for small distances metres are used!). The greengrocer in Saffron Walden market always asks how many pounds of something you want...

When making soup or gumbo I use large pots and make lots - freeze. There is a lot of slicing, dicing, and chopping involved so why not make a large batch? Over and done with. Quick meals in the freezer.

Back to large pots. Why do you guys that have really large pots need them? Is it because you are cooking for lots of people or because you are cooking up large hunks of meat/whole turkeys etc.?

I have one of the large pots for cooking chili con carne and mushy peas which I then freeze in single portions. I have the second large pot for a) steaming whole birds or fish and b) for cooking chili con carne if I'm really cooking a lot.

chili ingredients.jpg

Mushy peas.

mushy peas dec s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom