What is your largest pot, Casserole or Baking Pan or Bowl?

Back to large pots. Why do you guys that have really large pots need them? Is it because you are cooking for lots of people or because you are cooking up large hunks of meat/whole turkeys etc.?

I've always had a large stock pot ever since the early '80s. I lost the one that I had while moving.

The main purpose of this is to make things in super large quantities, divide them up and freeze them. So that you don't have to make things as much. Saves tons of time! :wink:

Last edited:
Back in the UK I had a school dinners' pan for cooking chili con carne. It was about 24" x 18" rectangle x 3" deep and took up all four gas burners at the same time. It looked a little like this:

View attachment 13611

51YHu-dFxCL._SL1000_.jpg

Got a hotel pan like this that one of my brothers gave me. It won't fit in the oven either!! :mad:

I have one of the large pots for cooking chili con carne and mushy peas which I then freeze in single portions. I have the second large pot for a) steaming whole birds or fish and b) for cooking chili con carne if I'm really cooking a lot.

Chili con carne (in the freezer).

frozen chili s.jpg

My largest pot would probably be my mother-in-law's old aluminium jam pan - its pretty much identical to this one (although mine is a lot more battered):

s-l1600.jpg

But it lives in the garage and is really is only used very occasionally when making jam.

I don't really use large pots - I do batch-cook, but the 5 litre pot from my pressure/slow cooker is plenty big enough most of the time. Probably the biggest "normal" pot I have is the pasta pot - about 10L I'd guess, and it does get used regularly to boil pasta.

My largest pot would probably be my mother-in-law's old aluminium jam pan - its pretty much identical to this one (although mine is a lot more battered):

s-l1600.jpg

But it lives in the garage and is really is only used very occasionally when making jam.

I don't really use large pots - I do batch-cook, but the 5 litre pot from my pressure/slow cooker is plenty big enough most of the time. Probably the biggest "normal" pot I have is the pasta pot - about 10L I'd guess, and it does get used regularly to boil pasta.
Lodge 5-qt cast iron Dutch Oven..jpg

Almost like THIS!!

Back
Top Bottom