What is your typical cooked breakfast?

Our cooked breakfast this morning is fried rice, fried dried fish, salted eggs and tomatoes. That's the favorite breakfast of my husband. But our usual breakfast is pandesal, more popularly known as morning bread because it is only sold in the morning. For pandesal, the best match is fried egg with butter or cheese. That's one of the healthy breakfast we have here.

The breakfast that my family eats in China is glutinous rice porridge and these small, long pickles. It sounds weird, but the pickles make the rice saltier and it's filling. Otherwise, they buy cheap street food. There are these delicious, fried doughy sticks that taste a lot like the French crueller at Dunkin Donuts, but unsweetened and chewier. There are sometimes roasted sweet potatoes, and this heavenly spring onion layer bread. Pretty much anything can taste good as long as it's hot and fresh! There can be food safety issues, but in the 3 months I spent there, none of my family got sick from it.

I never usually have enough time to cook breakfast, but on weekend mornings, I cook bacon, eggs and pancakes. I personally don't eat bananas, but apparently the banana pancakes I made for my brother once were apparently pretty good.

In Australia we have bacon, eggs, sausages, tomatoes, baked beans and toast for breakfast. However my favourite breakfast is the typical rice soup we eat in Thailand when I am there for a visit. The rice soup is like a rice porridge with spring onions, ginger, garlic, onion, mince meat balls and sometimes fish balls, seasoned with chilli and other exotic seasonings. You don't need to eat a lot of it as it is very filling but yummy.
Now I am in Switzerland and we normally eat like a continental breakfast, nice bakery bread, a selection of cheeses, butter, homemade jams, with a nice hot milk coffee.

I usually cook breakfast on the weekends for my family. It is almost always savoury. I'll make bacon, scrambled eggs and homefries. Some mornings it could be pancakes and bacon. My kids love omelettes too so we'll do bacon, cheese, onions, mushroom, spinach omelettes. Once in a while I'll make muffins or cinnamon buns but they just don't go over as well as a savoury breakfast. My kids also love peameal bacon and sausages so I'll substitute those meats for bacon some weekends.

I never do during the week, but on weekends I like to make a big brunch type meal.

My partner isn't really into eggs at all so I usually make waffles with whipped cream and berries, bacon or sausages, and hash browns. It always ends up being a huge meal, which is why I only do it once every couple weeks or so. It's great too because my waffle recipe always makes too much so we freeze the extras and heat them up during the week in the toaster.

If I'm home in the morning during the week sometimes I'll make myself scrambled eggs and toast, but I'll more often just go with something quick like a croissant or a banana.

This is my Italian breakfast. But I admit that sometimes I prefer croissant and cappuccino..:laugh:

Attachments

• 20170219_082528.jpg
    20170219_082528.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 232
On the rare times I don't merely cook oatmeal or cream of wheat for breakfast, I cook sausage and fried eggs plus toast or cornmeal pancakes.

When I travel abroad, I like to eat a kind of breakfast so different by my Italian culture..sausage, beans, pancakes..I'd like to Cook pancakes but I don't know how can I do it. Could someone suggest me the recipe please?

When I travel abroad, I like to eat a kind of breakfast so different by my Italian culture..sausage, beans, pancakes..I'd like to Cook pancakes but I don't know how can I do it. Could someone suggest me the recipe please?

Its pancake day here in the UK next Tuesday so perhaps some recipes will be posted here.

Back
Top Bottom