What kind of music do you like?

Not sure but I would say John Williams did quite well with the music for the Harry Potter series [as did Patrick Doyle]

I'll likely have a Joan Armatrading day tomorrow as it's her 66th birthday.

Listening to a compilation of Joe Cocker's stuff today..........

I like both kinds of music: country AND western.

Just kidding. Actually, those are the kinds that I like the least.
My father was a big audiophile, so I was raised on everything from classical, to ragtime, jazz, Sousa marches, big band swing, rock-n-roll, metal, techno, pop, and even some hip-hop/rap.
To my dad, the latter was just an expression of percussion.

I've only recently gotten into opera.

However, my family looks at me funny when I play gangsta rap. A lot of it is garbage, but there's some good in almost every genre.

Last edited:
I like both kinds of music: country AND western.

I have never been able to get into its "pure form" if you could call it that. Even though two of my idols, Bob Dylan and Van Morrison drifted dangerously close to C & W at times.

This morning the taxi driver taking me to the airport was listening to a group I would not expect: spice girls! And since this morning I sing softly " If you wanna be my lover" ... haahha, I'm having fun!
(I must confess that I also have the cd of the spice girls ...)

Did you ever hear the story about when the Pope sneaked out of the Vatican and took a taxi around Rome?

Why, yes, he was.

He originally enjoyed his taxi ride in the back seat around the hills of Rome, but after a while he asked the taxi driver if they could switch places so he could have some fun zooming around the ancient capitol.

After swerving all over the road, the police pulled the taxi over for reckless driving. The policeman approached the taxi, looked in the front seat, then the back seat, and returned to his squad car to radio his station.

He nervously asked the station commander just what he was supposed to do. The guy in the back seat must be really important if he has the Pope driving him around...

From the 1950s - 1980s .. I am a grand Motown Fan, Rhythm & Blues, Blues, Il Divo, Procol Harum, Carlos Santana, The Gypsy Kings, 1970s Disco ..

Broadway Musicals: Andrew Lloyd Weber, George Gershwin .. The Music of Phantom of the Opera, Don´t Cry for me Argentina. Barbara Streisand and Celine Dion .. Gloria Esteban ..

Fan of: Michael Jackson, the old Beatles, Santana, Rare Earth, In the Court of the Crimson King ..

So much wonderfully amazing music ..

Why, yes, he was.

He originally enjoyed his taxi ride in the back seat around the hills of Rome, but after a while he asked the taxi driver if they could switch places so he could have some fun zooming around the ancient capitol.

After swerving all over the road, the police pulled the taxi over for reckless driving. The policeman approached the taxi, looked in the front seat, then the back seat, and returned to his squad car to radio his station.

He nervously asked the station commander just what he was supposed to do. The guy in the back seat must be really important if he has the Pope driving him around...

@buckytom

Is this a true story ? It is quite hilarious !

Which Pope ? HA HA HA ..

I'm currently waiting for Kate Rusby's new CD to arrive from the UK.... it's taking an entirety to turn up. I do hope it hasn't got lost in the post or anything like that... or worse still been overland rather than by airmail!

Back
Top Bottom