What kind of Stand Mixer do you have?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
6:35 PM
Ok, this is to find out what your stand Mixer looks like.

Which one has the most juice? What have you made with it so far. Here are mine. I know that some of you don't have one. But I find them very useful, especially when making something that you enjoy doing!! :wink:
Electrolux Stand Mixer..jpg
Cuisinart SM=5OBCStand Mixer..jpg
KWS MB 5 Commercial Stand Mixer.jpg

I don't have one, but I've always wanted a vintage, all metal Hobart N 60.

I don't have one either - just a hand mixer and a stick blender. I don't use the hand mixer very often at all. Trouble is, I can't imagine really, why I would need one. What would I make that I don't make now? Perhaps I could be persuaded if I knew.

Regular Kitchen Aid with several attachments, plus a hand mixer, plus an immersion blender that has a whisk attachment. We've used the KA to make pizza dough, cookies, cakes, pasta, ice cream, etc., etc. It's 20+ years old, probably pushing 30. It's handled everything except a quadruple batch of pizza dough, eight 12-14 inch pizzas. I stripped the fail-safe gear, which was a hard polymer of some sort. All the rest of the gears are metal. Craig just LOVED taking it apart to find the gear I stripped, then putting it back together once we got the replacement.

I don't have one either - just a hand mixer and a stick blender. I don't use the hand mixer very often at all. Trouble is, I can't imagine really, why I would need one. What would I make that I don't make now? Perhaps I could be persuaded if I knew.

Don't you make cakes. quick breads or yeast breads? Baking is a science It lets your mind wonder & explore about what tasty creation you can make & have everyone amazed at what you've done! :wink:

Don't you make cakes. quick breads or yeast breads? Baking is a science It lets your mind wonder & explore about what tasty creation you can make & have everyone amazed at what you've done! :wink:

All those things - but I don't make large quantities at a time. One cake at a time - which is as easy to mix in a bowl with a hand mixer (or even a simple wooden spoon) as it would be in a mixer. Bread I make by hand and can knock up a bread dough in less than ten minutes with just a bowl, spoon and my hands. I enjoy the physicality of kneading the dough - plus, there is very little to wash up.

If I was turning out 5 cakes at a time then a mixer would be much quicker and easier, of course.

s-l300.jpg

A really old Kenwood Chef, bought second hand many years ago. Ours has a Pyrex bowl, not aluminium like in the picture. I went through a phase of buying attachments for it, including a meat mincer (brilliant) ande a bean slicer (useless).

Back
Top Bottom