What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard news story on the car radio....

Father's Day...A woman was in the drive-up window at McDonald's and saw a man with 4 kids in the car behind her. Gave the server extra money and said I'm paying for his meals...when he got to the window and was told what happened...he paid for the car behind him...if ther story is true..this continued for the next 167 cars....was supposedly reported by a reliable source...
That's something to smile about....

But how did they know what the bill would be for the car behind?

But how did they know what the bill would be for the car behind?
In many drive through restaurants they have two windows. The first one is where you pay and then you pick your food up at the second one. There is usually two or three cars between both windows.

We have one coffee shop franchise here that is known for their drive through business. They get so busy most mornings they get backed up out of the parking lot and block traffic. A real nuisance..police have to be called to direct traffic

We have one coffee shop franchise here that is known for their drive through business. They get so busy most mornings they get backed up out of the parking lot and block traffic. A real nuisance..police have to be called to direct traffic
When Wienerschnitzel opened here again after a many year hiatus, there was a 45 minute wait at least and the cops were called in because drive through customers were blocking the mall's driveways and trying to stay in the intersections. The cops just told people they had to move or get a ticket. The mouthy ones got $200-$300 tickets to go along with their 99 cent (if that much) chili dog.
To add insult to injury, they were out of chili dogs before the lunch rush was over.
The city made a good chunk of money that day.

Oh! We have hardly any drive throughs here. My ignorance. :)
You really must live out in the sticks, @morning glory. Our 2 nearest McDonalds and the even nearer KFC are all drive throughs - good, because I can take the mutt with me, although he won't eat anything from KFC, which obviously says something about their food. Even one of the banks was a drive through (although the branch closed about 20 years ago, and is now a Richer Sounds!).

Why is it so difficult to type with a cat sitting on the edge of the keyboard?

You really must live out in the sticks, @morning glory. Our 2 nearest McDonalds and the even nearer KFC are all drive throughs - good, because I can take the mutt with me, although he won't eat anything from KFC, which obviously says something about their food. Even one of the banks was a drive through (although the branch closed about 20 years ago, and is now a Richer Sounds!).

There is one drive-through in Maidstone - a McDonalds which is quite new. Other than that, I don't know of any in Kent - although I expect there must be some.

Nearly all our banks have drive thru. Many of our pharmacies have drive thru. All our fast food restaurants have drive thru. There are a few spots in town that are drive thru meccas.

I think drive through restaurants are killing food quality and communities...people used to meet and talk in public places. Now, nobody gets out of their cars....

I think drive through restaurants are killing food quality and communities...people used to meet and talk in public places. Now, nobody gets out of their cars....
Not to mention the "why can't I lose weight" while sitting in the drive-thru to grab burritos.

Our big, local supermarket gets so packed out these days, a lot of people order their shopping online and go and pick it up - they don't even have to go into the store at all.

Our big, local supermarket gets so packed out these days, a lot of people order their shopping online and go and pick it up - they don't even have to go into the store at all.
We have that here now too. The store even gives discounts to use it.

There is one drive-through in Maidstone - a McDonalds which is quite new. Other than that, I don't know of any in Kent - although I expect there must be some.
One of the nearest non-drive through ones to us is closing down next week. The poor dears will have to travel 3 miles to the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom