What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our big, local supermarket gets so packed out these days, a lot of people order their shopping online and go and pick it up - they don't even have to go into the store at all.
I just get all mine delivered! I have done for many years. Call me lazy...

I usually get mine delivered too. I only go to Tesco's now for petrol or ciggies, although a couple of times lately I've popped into the store because I've only wanted a couple of things. The only problem I have with getting shopping delivered is that the mutt recognises Tesco's and Sainsbury's vans and goes crazy..... :laugh:

I usually get mine delivered too. I only go to Tesco's now for petrol or ciggies, although a couple of times lately I've popped into the store because I've only wanted a couple of things. The only problem I have with getting shopping delivered is that the mutt recognises Tesco's and Sainsbury's vans and goes crazy..... :laugh:
This made me smile.

I also get all mine delivered (except for the stuff that I pick up from the pub - yesterday it was 2 fillet steaks, a tin of baked beans, 250 gms of sliced honey roast ham, a cut of cod loin and a pack of pikelets).

Last edited:
You can come visit me and play with your new toy. Bring the boy. I have plenty of "trees" that could use your chainsaw.

So do I - although we got rid of the huge pine trees in 2003 naturally (thanks to Isabel) and again in 2010 when we had limbs fallout of the last 2 we had. We have lots of little things to use the toy on.

I also get all mine delivered (except for the stuff that I pick up from the pub - yesterday it was 2 fillet steaks, a tin of baked beans, 250 gms of sliced honey roast ham, a cut of cod loin and a pack of pikelets).
Now that's what I call a shopping list :D

So do I - although we got rid of the huge pine trees in 2003 naturally (thanks to Isabel) and again in 2010 when we had limbs fallout of the last 2 we had. We have lots of little things to use the toy on.
We lost most of the leaves on our trees week before last. So now he could see where to cut.

My view makes me smile!
DSC_1630_800.jpg

Just heard news story on the car radio....

Father's Day...A woman was in the drive-up window at McDonald's and saw a man with 4 kids in the car behind her. Gave the server extra money and said I'm paying for his meals...when he got to the window and was told what happened...he paid for the car behind him...if ther story is true..this continued for the next 167 cars....was supposedly reported by a reliable source...
That's something to smile about....

I would like to think that there are people out there who would do that.

In many drive through restaurants they have two windows. The first one is where you pay and then you pick your food up at the second one. There is usually two or three cars between both windows.

Never used 1 but then we don't eat Macdonalds anyway.

I think drive through restaurants are killing food quality and communities...people used to meet and talk in public places. Now, nobody gets out of their cars....

A real shame because it stops social interraction, I enjoy talking to people I don't know. We did just that on Tuesday at the Cheese Club, we were sat with 4 complete strangers, by the end of the evening we had made 4 new chums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom