What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to smile this morning because a truce seems to have been declared between the mutt and a certain black cat. Tuesday night the mutt was asleep on the sofa, and the cat was asleep on the back of the sofa, but by morning they and my elderly cat were snuggled up together (well it was rather cold during the night). As it will is even colder now, I am wondering whether cat no. 3 will emerge from his hiding place and join them.

The nursery children decorating the Christmas tree. All the baubles are concentrated in the bottom corner, which we will move later. They loved it. The elf has also moved in, the naughty elf left little white footprints across the carpet! We enjoyed watching them work out who had made them.

frogs legs.png

In '08 G had open heart surgery (arterial valve replacement) in Grapevine Tx. (north of Dallas). He was in the hospital for a week. We remained in Grapevine for another two weeks for monitoring. We headed home a few days before Thanks Giving. The 6 hour trip from Dallas to home is usually done in a day. Post surgery it was too tiring for G so we spent the night in Shreveport, La. (north west LA half way between Dallas and home.) Before going to the hotel we stopped for a quick bite. Grilled chicken sandwiches. We were sitting at a table outside. Typical Louisiana weather in November - G had on a pair of shorts and a red t-shirt. At the time he weighed 360 lbs. White hair, white beard. A lady pulled up next to where we were sitting and told G that her 2 year old kept saying "Mamma Ho Ho, Mamma Ho
Ho." G walked around to the back passenger window, "Ho Hoed" for the little girl and asked her what she wanted for Christmas. The Mother was so appreciative. G had made her little one's day.

Thanks Giving this year - G weighs 110+ lbs. less but is still large in the belly with the white hair and beard. My great nieces and nephews see him much less frequently than I do - usually only at Thanks Giving and Christmas. My 6 year old great niece kept eying G - from around corners or behind furniture. She was obviously fascinated. She finally pulled her Dad aside and asked if G was Santa Clause in disguise checking to see who was naughty and who was nice. Nephew started to tell her yes then decided that would create confusion when we gather for Christmas. He explained that he was her Great Uncle George - and a very close friend of Santa Clause. Sweet darling asked G if he would tell Santa that she had been a good girl all year. :laugh:

The sweet innocence of children makes me smile.:D

Our pugs make us smile quite a bit, not forgetting the cats. Mindy (female cat) really makes us laugh, especially when her dignity is hurt because we laugh when she makes a misstep and falls off something.

My cats are always good for a laugh. My younger cat (Daisy) is a high energy girl. She frequently tears through the house , bouncing off of the walls and furniture. Yesterday she bolted - bounced off of Sallie who was snoozing on top of a trunk. Scared Sallie. Sallie flew off of the trunk, out of the den, into the kitchen - could not stop in time and smacked into the patio door. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom