What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Yorkshire (where even the Scots are considered generous):

chips.JPG

Well Yorky, since you had a laugh at Yorkshire men.....

I love Jewish humour so.....

- Why do Jewish men die before their wives?
They want to.

- Why don't Jewish mothers drink?
Alcohol interferes with their suffering.

- What's the difference between a Rottweiler and a Jewish mother?
Eventually, the Rottweiler lets go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. I'm not sure it is American as Americans don't really do traditional Sunday roast with Yorkshires.
It's been years since I have had one but a traditional Sunday dinner in America depends on 2 things. The ethnicity and the region.
With my background and region, it was typically either fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, a canned vegetable and iced tea. Or a pot roast with potatoes and carrots. Sometimes, grandmother would smother the chicken instead. (Fry it then add a little water to the pan and steam it for a bit).
Usually a banana pudding for dessert.
Note: Grandmother always did Sunday dinner. Not my mom or her sister. Mom's mom not dad's mom.
I think that grandmother went to her eldest daughter's house for Sunday dinner.
Now what @buckytom had is probably different than what I had.
And I know my neighbors had something different but I can't ask due to a language barrier.

I know you are in London, but I'd say that was way above going rate! BTW - when did the practice of including cauliflower cheese creep into Sunday roast. I've come across this elsewhere.
We often used to have cauliflower with a simple white sauce - but never cheese in it. Mind you, I know younger people (!) who think that white sauce and cheese sauce are the same thing :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom