What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not "technically" from Detroit. I'm about 30 miles west of Detroit. Detroitdad sounds better than ypsilantidad.

:laugh:

You do share a similar climate with @The Late Night Gourmet . Much too cold for my thin southern blood.

Braydon is adorable. Those eyes are to die for. At 2+ I bet he can be a "hot mess" - like most 2 year olds.

I am glad that you like what you have seen. This really is an enjoyable forum. The international aspect makes it very interesting. I frequently have to look things up or ask for a translation. I considered myself a good home cook before joining this forum. My culinary skills have improved and expanded. I have always been a savory cook and did very little baking. Because of the encouragement of the forum members I have baked homemade bread.

What are your specialties? You probably have many favorite recipes to share with us. Again :welcome:

@Elawin - does she move the phone or just nest where ever it is? My big girl likes to nest on my phone and/or lap top. Neither of my girls have moved my phone. If your baby is actually moving your phone to her bed that really is both creepy and scary!:hyper: What else could she be up to other than world domination?:laugh:

When we go shopping we try to be served by the same lady, she is really nice and we can have a laugh with her, today we had a good giggle.

time travel.jpg

Apparently everyone and his brother have been invited to Billy Graham's funeral.

Except, strangely, the Pope and God!

barnsley.jpg

Humanitarian Aid Teams Airlifted Into Barnsley As KFC Crisis Enters Fourth Day.
Humanitarian aid teams have been flown into Barnsley this afternoon, as the KFC chicken shortage starts to bite and fish and chip shops struggle to cope. Locals, who normally survive on a diet of bargain buckets and full fat Coca Cola, face the agonising choice between starvation and making the arduous half mile journey to McDonald’s. “It’s a living nightmare,” said one local woman who asked not to be named. “If this continues I’m going to have to get the microwave instructions out. “

One aid worker told us of some of the harrowing scenes he’d witnessed. “We went into one house and there was an entire family huddled together in a state of shock. They were just sitting on the sofa rocking back and forth repeating ‘It’s finger lickin’ good’ over and over. It was just awful. I’ve never seen anything like it.”

Relief efforts have been hampered by the fact that few of those affected have any means of preparing or cooking food, and there is uncertainty over whether the water supply is drinkable because nobody has ever tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom