What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone complain about the Italian food?

The only issue raised was one I agreed with, one main course was chicken with a spicy tomato and olive sauce, very nice but too much sauce. Ok, you don't have to eat it all but it completely smoothered the meat and had to be scrapped off but apart from that all seemed to go well but then the wine and beer was flowing. I deal with the expenses so will definitely need to sit down to look at that :eek:

I looked it up and its true. Well I learned something today! That is twice today that wildlife (or lack of it) in NZ has come up. I was hearing about the poor kapapo earlier on the radio.
Kakapo?
We also have the native wood pigeon. I'm told they are very tasty. Illegal of course but that's what I'm told. They get drunk from fermenting berries in their stomachs and fall out of trees drunk,lol.

Russ

No snakes, definitely not. A few human snakes,lol.

Russ
Just like Ireland, although they had a saint that took care of the snakes.

He was a very thorough saint as well.

He even got rid of any bones or fossils of any of thes snakes he chased out.

We've had three snakes in our house that I'm aware of. They were all as terrified of me as much as I was terrified of them.

Its an endangered species.

The kakapo is a large, nocturnal, flightless, lek-breeding parrot – a real oddity. It is also critically endangered, and the focus of considerable conservation attention. Before humans arrived it was common throughout New Zealand’s forests, but predation by introduced mammals brought it to the brink of extinction - a low point of about 50 birds only in the mid 1990s. The transfer of the whole population to predator-free islands and intensive intervention in every stage of its life has led to a steady increase in numbers.

http://nzbirdsonline.org.nz/species/kakapo

We have a lot of Garter snakes here, as well as Black Rat snakes (aka Black Racers).

They're both are harmless. I've even caught a Garter once and brought it into the house for the cats to inspect. It was all fun and games until they chased it under the refrigerator. It wasn't that easy to catch again and put back outside. :whistling:

nicholson.jpg

A long story.

Back around '96, my daughter was visiting me in Kuala Lumpur for a couple of weeks.

During her stay, I had a request from Petronas to provide a 6" heavy duty cleaning pig urgently. I rang UK and said item was procured but the cost of an employee hand carrying the pig was extortionate. My MD, who knew my daughter was visiting asked if she had a friend who would like to take a holiday in KL for a week (a far cheaper fare than overnight and back next day). She located a friend (whom I knew) and it was set up that he collected the pig (some 40 kg) from our office and he and the pig were transported to Manchester airport that day. What no-one had at that time divulged was that said friend had a broken leg! So he arrived on crutches in Kuala Lumpur, luckily with the pig.

The point is, whilst he was in Kuala Lumpur, the two of them met a Chinese orthopaedic surgeon called "Dicky Lim".

A 6" heavy duty cleaning pig.......

Cleaning-Pig.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom