What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tea.jpg

@buckytom - very good!

Some of those reminded me of the droll Canadian, Stewart Francis - do you know of his stand up? Very dry delivery.

Here are some of his one liners....

"I dedicate this show to my dad who was a roofer. So dad, if you're up there...."

I quit my job at the helium gas factory. I didn't like being spoken to in that voice."

"I wrote a book about a transsexual with a speech impediment. It's called Man or Myth."

"There are two types of people I hate .... racists and Norwegians."

"I went to a Karaoke Bar last night that didn't play any 70s music, at first I was afriad, oh I was petrified"

"My dad has a wierd hobby he collects empty bottles, which sounds so much better than alcoholic"

"My girlfriend say's that I'm afraid of committment....well she's not my girlfriend...more a wife"

"Crime in a multi storey car park....that's just wrong...on so many levels..."

We have seen Stewart live a few times, he really is very funny :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Today, as the nurse was monitoring my blood pressure, the subject of my having been a hippy came up. (I am now in my 60s but mentally still a rebel!) When she heard this, she leaned back in her chair and exclaimed "I can SEE you as a hippy!"

I laughed and said "that wouldn't be a stretch" and pointed to my unruly hair and bright clothes!
color.gif
371183.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! I was on the internet before the University where I worked was even on-line! Sometime early 90's I think...
I got on the internet in 1998. Dial-up.
The college was on T1 if I remember correctly. Better known as crash half the time.

Now as to what made me smile today, the outside cats knocking on the kitchen door.

My brother had a BBC Micro in the early 1980s. He was in his mid-50s and was doing an OU course. The modem got a pounding because they got a lot of their work sent this way. A couple of my cousin's sons used to write Spectrum programmes - quite a feat in those days - but sold their company a few years ago. My first computer had Windows 3.1 on it, but I soon graduated to Window 95. I still use my Windows 98 computer. A shipping company I worked for in the late 1970s were going to get a computer - and we were going to lose our tea/dining room to accommodate it - but the first place I ever worked at which even used computers was the management company who oversaw the building of the Docklands Light Railway. I had to catalogue a lot of the plans for the original Victorian bridges and buildings en route, some of which are still there and still used, and others which are alas no more. As for the NHS, at the first hospital I ever worked at, we used Windows 3.1. Only the managers upwards were allowed to use internet. What a change from nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom