Status
Not open for further replies.
astronauts.jpg

A man phones emergency services saying "Help! I think my friend is dead!"

"OK. Calm down. First check that your friend is dead."

A gun shot is heard.

The man returns to the phone and says "O.K...now what!?"

Last edited by a moderator:
A girl recently smiled then gave me a little wave....it felt so sweet and special....maybe it had something to do with wearing purple...from head to foot (e.g. bag and plimpsoles too!)

What made me smile is composing a post on another forum....on a 'breaking fake news' thread:-

TRUMP WANTS TO MAKE THE PLANET GREAT AGAIN!

He was found last night crying in a corner, weeping about his sudden, swift decline in popularity, muttering something about China taking his crown!

After a brief hospitalised night in a rubber room, in a straight jacket, he emerged humbled - almost unrecognisable and asking if he could sign up to the climate change agreement. His wife patted him on the head and gave him a dummy to pacify him. The world heaved a sigh of relief!

"Patrick, if you were marooned on a desert island, which person would you prefer to be with?"

"Ah, that would be my uncle Mick"

"And why would that be Patrick?"

"Cause uncle Mick's got a boat"

I asked my grandfather for twenty dollars.
"Twenty dollars?!" he said. "For what?"
"To buy groceries," I told him.
"When I was a boy," my grandfather said, "My mama would give me one dollar, just one dollar, and I'd go to the store and come home with two loaves of bread, two sacks of potatoes, a carton of eggs, three bottles of milk, a can of coffee and a box of tea."
He shrugged and paused.
"Times have changed and ya can't do that now..." he told me, "...too many security cameras."

My mother has just confirmed that my youngest brother has his first (class honours degree).

He was border line (1st/2:1) just prior to his dissertation and last 2 essays so asked for my help. We shared a similar background though our degree titles are radically different. (I also got a first a very long time ago). I hand wrote then scanned my changes and comments, emailing the revisions back to him so he had to make it his own work and along with his final exam it was enough! . :dance:

He's done really well because he quit school at 16 after his gcses when he was offered a job in the pub restaurant kitchens and was trained as a chef. He was head chef there for a while, quite a long while but realised that he couldn't really go anywhere on the ladder without enduring considerable stress and looking unsocial hours so got a place at uni as a mature student and has worked really hard after the initial struggle and shock of studying again! His long hours are now over in the library.

I'm so pleased he trusted me enough to ask for help when he needed it and really pleased for him. He deserves it.

I'm going to have to find an aussie congrats card and get it into the post to him! I need another emicon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom