What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know breakdown on price as my receipt was emailed and I haven't looked at it yet. I'll also have to weigh. The jars are the ones I used for our spice rack so I have empties so I can figure out weight.

Today I went to my local Asian supermarket and bought these - of which more in a new thread tomorrow. They are not bay leaves as we know them...

fullsizeoutput_3fa0.jpeg

Also bought fresh curry leaves (oh joy!). They are hard to find here. Also some white poppy seeds for a recipe I'm making tomorrow.

Yeah - I realised it was pork tenderloin but I still think those oxtails look huge!

I'm lucky re the pink Himalayan -there is a shop (chain) in the UK called Flying Tiger from Copenhagen. They sell mainly quirky cheap designer things but also a few herbs and spices at £1 ($1.20) per pack - so that's where my Himalayan salt comes from. I've seen it on sale at 4 times the price in markets. I can't remember how much is in the pack though.

I'm still undecided on Himalayan salt. The iodised salt I use is made not too far from me in Blenheim. I've supplied them goods with my business. I prefer normal on my tomatoes on toast.

Russ

Today I went to my local Asian supermarket and bought these - of which more in a new thread tomorrow. They are not bay leaves as we know them...

View attachment 21782

Also bought fresh curry leaves (oh joy!). They are hard to find here. Also some white poppy seeds for a recipe I'm making tomorrow.

I too have trouble finding curry leaves, last lot I bought I froze. Do you think I can find them????

Russ

I too have trouble finding curry leaves, last lot I bought I froze. Do you think I can find them????

Russ

Frozen is OK - I bought two bunches and I'm freezing one of them. They can be used direct from frozen in curries. Dried they are not worth bothering with. You should be able to grow them @rascal given your gardening skills.

I'm still undecided on Himalayan salt. The iodised salt I use is made not too far from me in Blenheim. I've supplied them goods with my business. I prefer normal on my tomatoes on toast.

Russ

I'm no salt connoisseur - but the pink one looks pretty. :)

Looking again at the ox-tail @medtran49, the pieces look really big! Of course I can't really judge the scale but when I buy it, its usually max. 3 inches in diameter.

A mighty ox?

The largest one is just shy of 5 inches across. Going to cook the oxtail dish and the eggplant dish tonight, with 1 being for tomorrow night as I have a late afternoon appointment tomorrow.

In my quest for a healthier pizza crust, I purchased a pre-made Vegan Pizza crust. (Simple Truth brand) In the end, I didn't make a vegan pizza but unlike many other so called healthy pizza crusts, this one tasted half way decent.

In my quest for a healthier pizza crust, I purchased a pre-made Vegan Pizza crust. (Simple Truth brand) In the end, I didn't make a vegan pizza but unlike many other so called healthy pizza crusts, this one tasted half way decent.

Surely a pizza crust would be vegan anyway - bread dough is normally vegan... I mean its simply flour, water and yeast with maybe some oil such as olive oil.

I bought Virginia ham (250 gm), English middle cut bacon (1 kg), Filet Mignon (250 gm), 1 kg of frozen peas and 1 kg of Australian Cheddar cheese. And there was no change out of 25 quid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom