What size is your Freezer? Small or Large?

We have 2 fridge freezers as there are 5 adults living in this house. One fridge freezer has the freezer on top of the fridge and the other has the two side by side. Both are always full because due to a variety of food issues people eat different things. I have no idea what size they are, only that the latter is bigger.

Gillian

We have 2 fridge freezers as there are 5 adults living in this house. One fridge freezer has the freezer on top of the fridge and the other has the two side by side. Both are always full because due to a variety of food issues people eat different things. I have no idea what size they are, only that the latter is bigger.

Gillian

Sounds a bit like me until very recently! A few weeks back both grown up kids plus various live-in boyfriends and girlfriends moved out. Now its just me and partner and two freezers full of stuff!

Sounds a bit like me until very recently! A few weeks back both grown up kids plus various live-in boyfriends and girlfriends moved out. Now its just me and partner and two freezers full of stuff!

Now you can spend more time catering to your own likes! Bring on the chilis.

Now you can spend more time catering to your own likes! Bring on the chilis.

Indeed! :D I have a great stash of dried chillies. And some Scotch Bonnets in the fridge.

And the meat!

Dump the tofu!

A bit of meat perhaps - I'm not a big meat eater. But I have bought a chicken to roast on Sunday. :hungry: As for tofu - I still like to cook with it but perhaps not quite so often!

We have an above the fridge freezer which is usually full by my husband's standards and about half full by mine.
We also have a deep freeze which used to be in the house and easily accessible, but since we moved house, it has had to be rehomed in the garage which means leaving the house and well, it just doesn't get the use that it used to have. But I did loose the contents of both freezers when we moved house, so both are quite empty compared to what they used to be. Neither is particularly well organised at the moment because I've spent the last 3 months in hospital. I can only guess at the state of the one in the garage.

We have two - a large upright, mainly used for sauces, herbs, breadcrumbs etc., and a chest freezer used for larger items such as joints of meat, fish and leftover meals. I'm not sure that having so much freezer space is a good idea. Things seem to disappear into the abyss, often for years before being thrown out due to freezer burn. We have been making a concerted effort to eat from the freezer most nights for the past fortnight. With Christmas not far off it will soon start filling up again!

We have two - a large upright, mainly used for sauces, herbs, breadcrumbs etc., and a chest freezer used for larger items such as joints of meat, fish and leftover meals. I'm not sure that having so much freezer space is a good idea. Things seem to disappear into the abyss, often for years before being thrown out due to freezer burn. We have been making a concerted effort to eat from the freezer most nights for the past fortnight. With Christmas not far off it will soon start filling up again!

I just want a small one - apartment size one, to handle or supplement the overload of the fridge's freezer, :wink:

Back
Top Bottom