What type of cookware do you have?

As far as i understand that the year this type of bowl was created was the year that disney rereleased Cinderella, i believe 1957. Also there was a musical on broadway of Cinderella the same year. So Cinderella was a big trend. And then there is the glass slipper tie in searching for the lady that these 'glass slippers' aka bowls would be a perfect fit(and of course these fit every 1957's lady perfectly) so these round bottomed doubled handled/spouted bowls were called Cinderella bowls. They usually came in a set of 4 nesting bowls. And i will attest that this shape is a great shape to use for food prep. They came in many different patterns and colors thru out the 3 decades they were produced.

A lovely colour - but why is it called a cinderella bowl? Not come across that term before.

Mine's a classic British mixing bowl - Green's Easimix bowl, bought in the early 1970s when I got my own flat. Not my photo - mine is in use at the moment :laugh:

thJPRWWF22.jpg

Copper cookware..jpg

If you have this much copper cookware, it would require either a weekend job, 2nd job or live-in help to help keep it clean & untarnished!! :mad::headshake:I like those long lid handles though. Helps keep you from burning yourself, but the set looks ridiculously expensive!! :headshake:

Last edited:
My 150mm diameter wok lost part of the coating some time ago and I've been looking from a replacement since. Stumbled over this "Teflon" one today. It was next to a curry serving dish so I bought that also.

My main saucepans are 5-ply stainless steel. I've had them nearly 30 years and use them every day. I paid way too much for them when I bought them. :)

I have a small All-Clad stainless nonstick pan and a larger Calphalon nonstick pan. The All-Clad I got on clearance for $30US - a steal. The Calphalon I'm not happy with because it warped right after I got it.

I also have a large All-Clad stainless fry pan and a large Lodge cast iron skillet.

My other main pan is a Tramontina enameled cast iron Dutch oven. These are slightly less expensive than Lodge Dutch ovens (which run about $80), but I prefer it to the Lodge I had because it has a bigger bottom (better for searing) and being that it's cheaper, it's a bit lighter, which with my wrist problems, I find much easier to handle. Plus, I got it for a song. It was on special and I had a coupon, so it was normally $40 and I got it for $15.

My wife brought this curry pot home from the market yesterday evening. The first Thai red curry that I ever ate was served in a similar pot.

As for cookware, I have a variety.

I have tri-ply stainless from All-Clad and Calphalon. Enameled cast iron from Le Creuset (the orange pot you mentioned liking is one of them). One antique cast iron skillet made by Griswold. And, a few aluminum (correct US Spelling) skillets. What doesn't fit in cabinets hangs from the ceiling.

Kitchen2017.jpg

Note: my "only" 26 years old fridge is on its death bed. The right side door is warped, so I have to tape it shut if I leave the house for more than an hour. I can't figure out how to fix that problem -- or understand how it even happened.

CD

As for cookware, I have a variety.

I have tri-ply stainless from All-Clad and Calphalon. Enameled cast iron from Le Creuset (the orange pot you mentioned liking is one of them). One antique cast iron skillet made by Griswold. And, a few aluminum (correct US Spelling) skillets. What doesn't fit in cabinets hangs from the ceiling.

View attachment 35516

Note: my "only" 26 years old fridge is on its death bed. The right side door is warped, so I have to tape it shut if I leave the house for more than an hour. I can't figure out how to fix that problem -- or understand how it even happened.

CD

A wedge jammed under the bottom.?

Russ

Back
Top Bottom