Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Borlotti

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Pinto

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Flageolet

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
It was obviously before the trade descriptions act which required that the ingredients be listed by weight, the heaviest first! :eek:
They have been around for years. That is just the name of the product. On the ingredients list, beans are still first. A company can still call their products anything they want. Just the list of ingredients have to be listed heaviest to lightest. A name is not a description.
By the way, there might be 2 or 3 quarter .5mm cubes in each.

Oh and yes hotdog sausages or pork sausages as you are calling them are also known as weiners (weenies) here.

They have been around for years. That is just the name of the product. On the ingredients list, beans are still first. A company can still call their products anything they want. Just the list of ingredients have to be listed heaviest to lightest. A name is not a description.

Oh and yes hotdog sausages or pork sausages as you are calling them are also known as weiners (weenies) here.
So is it little lumps of pork fat in the beans? And do they melt down when you heat them up?

Hotdog sausages [or in this case small weiners] are pretty tasteless tubes of processed mush [what exactly would a hot dog taste of without mustard ketchup onions etc ?] a pork sausage is a very different thing [well a good one is anyway]. The ones in 'beans and sausages' are I'm afraid, as you say just tiny hot dog sausages.

[QUOTE="Cinisajoy, post: 67517, member: 1652"A company can still call their products anything they want.[/QUOTE]

To comply with UK law they cannot. If the name includes, for example "beef", the product must contain some form of beef (from a cow). However, one must wonder how "Kentucky Fried Chicken" has managed to get away with it for many years.

A company can still call their products anything they want.

To comply with UK law they cannot. If the name includes, for example "beef", the product must contain some form of beef (from a cow). However, one must wonder how "Kentucky Fried Chicken" has managed to get away with it for many years.
Because Colonel Sanders was a Kentucky Colonel and the restaurant started in Kentucky. As long as they keep the original recipe on the menu, it is still Kentucky Fried chicken.
Once again name is not considered a description in the US and KFC is an American company.
So they are not getting away with anything except maybe bad fried chicken. Sorry their fried chicken to me is horrible.

Now if you want to talk about strange names that did fit, try the Nipple-up company.
They do sell nipples. But not for babies or women.
They sell nipples for pipe. I had to do a double take the first time I saw their billboard.
There is also a sandbox company. But you don't want your children in those sandboxes. Once again for the oilfield.

The reference to KFC was meant as a joke.

Surprisingly enough, the first and last time I had KFC was in Doha, Qatar in the eighties. It was terrible (and NOT finger licking good).

The reference to KFC was meant as a joke.

Surprisingly enough, the first and last time I had KFC was in Doha, Qatar in the eighties. It was terrible (and NOT finger licking good).
We totally agree on KFC.

Back
Top Bottom