What Unusual (i.e. "Necessary") Cooking Gadgets Do You Have?

I used it once on meat and it did cook it, but basically it boiled/steamed it in its own rendered juices. I didn't like the results..

If it's volcanic rock, it sounds like it would be used at screamingly high tempseratures, like volcanic rocks in gas grills.

probably, but I'm a bit hesitant to play around with that in my house..it was made in the 70's..looks like an Italian version of a k-tel type gadget...like the flowbee

But wait, there's more...

You can get a second one free, just pay separate shipping and handling charges.

But wait, there's more...

You can get a second one free, just pay separate shipping and handling charges.
Buy now before the volcano dies down!
agree.gif

Sorry, I was being sarcastic. I hate these sealed hard plastic wrapping ideas. You have to hack it up to get into it and then notice the guarantee requires you to return it in the original packing if found to be faulty.

A few years ago before I had an integral card reader in my desk top I bought an external reader which was enveloped in this hard plastic. I cut the package open and then found that the internals of the reader did not line up with the slot in the case. I took it back to the shop for a replacement.

"But you've opened it". "Yes I know else I wouldn't have known it was faulty". Anyway, after 2 more staff and eventually the manager had examined it (I took a card with me to prove the fault), they agreed to replace it. "Is it OK if I open the replacement before I leave the shop to ensure that it works?". "No you can't do that, we won't be able to return it to the display rack if it's opened". "But if it's faulty, why would you be putting it back on display? Oh never mind, please can I have my money back, I'll buy one elsewhere?"

It would be advantageous though for the packing to be opened without destroying the packing. For something as sharp as a pizza cutter it would be beneficial to be able to store it in it's original "case".
Well if I had realized at the time you were being sarcastic, I would have recommended using a pizza cutter.

That reminds me of the automated donut machines we see each fall at the orchards' stores when we go apple and pumplin picking.
The donut machine is a hopper of batter perched above a long vat of hot oil. The hopper periodically poops outa ring of batter into the vat. The hot oil flows along the long vat frying the donut, and about half way across a little arm flips the donut over to fry the other side.
The completed donut eventually makes its way to the end when a moving belt helps to remove the donut, dumping it at the far end into a bin, ready for glazing.

Back
Top Bottom