What Unusual (i.e. "Necessary") Cooking Gadgets Do You Have?

But cheaper than that huge machine, i.e. more user friendly! :okay:
I think that would depend on the user. If this user tried a turkey baster, it would wind up looking like "The Blob". I draw very well for a 4 year old. Problem is I'm not 4. :):):happy::bravo:

Talking of intricate pancakes, I bought this 'utensil' on the internet. The idea is that it produces a lace effect as you swirl it around and the batter comes out of the 'spouts'. It really does not work...

Photo on 24-04-2017 at 22.31.jpg

I guess it's too late now but you could maybe have got a refund seeing that it is not 'fit for purpose'!

Have you tried putting some pancake batter into a turkey baster to free form your own designs? (Maybe swirling it around could create a lace effect). I read that this could be done but not tried it (I don't have a turkey baster and am not a fan of pancakes).

I guess it's too late now but you could maybe have got a refund seeing that it is not 'fit for purpose'!

Have you tried putting some pancake batter into a turkey baster to free form your own designs? (Maybe swirling it around could create a lace effect). I read that this could be done but not tried it (I don't have a turkey baster and am not a fan of pancakes).

It was so cheap it isn't worth bothering (less than £3) - plus I cut the ends off the spouts to try to make it work! I haven't tried the turkey baster as I haven't got one. I may get one to try this out! My idea is thin savoury lace pancakes - I mean filled with savoury ingredients...

Turkey basters have so many uses, from keeping poultry moist, making artistic foods, asexual reproduction, and even small engine maintenance.

I need to buy one to remove the last bit of gasoline from the snowblower.

Turkey basters have so many uses, from keeping poultry moist, making artistic foods, asexual reproduction, and even small engine maintenance.

Maybe not use the same one for all those uses! :giggle:

Ok your post made me giggle. Oh wait, I lost an a in your post.

A few of you may have noticed that I have confessed to being unable to bake, specifically bread, pizza bases and naans. Cakes, etc., I can manage without.

Anyway, in order to hopefully rectify this one of many culinary problems that I have, I have been researching "breadmakers". Knowing this, today, a friend who is going away for 3 months, brought me his breadmaker to use on loan until he returns. I haven't yet opened the box but I have perused the manual. Looks very bloody complicated to me!

2756_20120802162125.jpg

A few of you may have noticed that I have confessed to being unable to bake, specifically bread, pizza bases and naans. Cakes, etc., I can manage without.

Anyway, in order to hopefully rectify this one of many culinary problems that I have, I have been researching "breadmakers". Knowing this, today, a friend who is going away for 3 months, brought me his breadmaker to use on loan until he returns. I haven't yet opened the box but I have perused the manual. Looks very bloody complicated to me!

2756_20120802162125.jpg
When all else fails....read the instructions! :okay:

2756_20120802162125.jpg

It should be OK for standard loves but it won't make naan bread or pizza bases for you. It might be possible to get it to mix. knead and prove the dough and then you can remove it to shape it by hand and bake in the oven. I may be wrong, but the last time I looked at a breadmaker this was the case!

Back
Top Bottom