What Unusual (i.e. "Necessary") Cooking Gadgets Do You Have?

e09981e11f614ff2cc7f15dccd3fe817.jpg

(Sorry - couldn't resist...)
blush.gif

Hah!! I don't think that I'd want to name those places where it's been! Hah!! :laugh:

My idea was that you allow the machine to make the dough and then "slap it" on to a griddle (or none stick pan).

I shall report on the success of that when (hopefully) I am sober tomorrow and can open the box!

I opened the box this morning and gave it a go on two small (750 gm) loaves. Even though I religiously measured and weighed the ingredients as per the instructions, the loaves appeared to overgrown the tins. I'll try again next week and reduce the ingredients by 10%.

HM Bread 0 s.jpg

[Edit: However, I haven't tasted the bread yet! The machine may well go back in the box]

My wife went to the supermarket today whilst the bread was baking. She bought a loaf of bread which just goes to show how much faith she has in me!

[Edit: However, I haven't tasted the bread yet! The machine may well go back in the box]

The bread tastes good (about 90 minutes after removing from the tins. One I (or possibly we) shall eat today/tomorrow; the other is now in the freezer.

HM Bread 2 s.jpg

I opened the box this morning and gave it a go on two small (750 gm) loaves. Even though I religiously measured and weighed the ingredients as per the instructions, the loaves appeared to overgrown the tins. I'll try again next week and reduce the ingredients by 10%.

View attachment 7084

Silly question, what is your altitude?
Try just reducing the yeast by 1/4 tsp. Oh and out of the pan is quite normal.
Don't just reduce all things.

I was informed at the weekend by the breadmaker lender that he did not want it back. So I guess it's mine now. I shall need to persevere.

Back
Top Bottom