What would you get rid of? A prize for the best answer!

Oooh what a good question!

Up until 3 months ago we had load of duplicate things which we had replaced with better versions...but then we bought a motorhome so they've come in useful after all :laugh:.
I guess the ceramic pestle which no longer has a mortar (because I dropped it on the tiled floor) might be a good contender.....but actually it fits with the kitchen colour-scheme and is quite useful for keeping little bits in on the windowsill.
Or the electric egg-poacher which was a gift from my mum - its been used twice (when she was visiting), but I think for the sake of family harmony it'll have to stay a bit longer.
Possibly this garlic/chilli/ginger crusher might make it to the shortlist.....
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwsIYr1-ig25evKQe3IkEc8wz2KN6BDdBr3zdLYU7zPUaNtwYbQg.jpg
Far to messy to use and clean up afterwards...but it was another gift from my mum, so its going to have to stay.

No, I think the winner is this four-egg fried egg ring.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbHRgHpEp4ofzgAYB2-4Q83TvowOkMf6Z30XUhwPwC_zafLDww.jpg
It looked like a great idea to have perfectly round fried eggs.....except they don't lie flat against the pan so the egg just runs underneath them. Totally useless! (seems to be a bit of theme here with egg gadgets!)

Ps. in case anyone is wondering.....my mum actually isn't terrible at giving gifts, she's also given me a very useful garlic peeler and a little silicone spoon which is one of my favourites (perfect size and flexibility) :okay:

Brilliant... all those unwanted gifts you can't really get rid of! My sister was once given an enormous indoor decorative plant holder by her mother in law as a Christmas present. It stood 4 feet high and was in the shape of a dragon standing on its hind legs with various places to put pots. It was in such bad taste that its impossible to describe! It was so heavy that it took two people to move it! She used to hide it in the garage and then get it out every Christmas when mum-in-law visited.

I have just been reminded of the blue ceramic garlic /ginger grater I got given as a present as well. totally useless.

Like this only a brighter vile blue. It even had a brush to clean it with!

374dbac3f028f61bbcdc4211f2800046.jpg

I'll photo it when I get home later today. Sadly the packers packed it!

I have just been reminded of the blue ceramic garlic /ginger grater I got given as a present as well. totally useless.

Like this only a brighter vile blue. It even had a brush to clean it with!

View attachment 3270

I'll photo it when I get home later today. Sadly the packers packed it!
I have one the same except yellow and blue in a sunflower pattern. It 'sort of' works. But who wants a 'sort of works' garlic grater?

I have one the same except yellow and blue in a sunflower pattern. It 'sort of' works. But who wants a 'sort of works' garlic grater?
Not me when I have that beautiful garlic crusher that is so easy to use and clean! As for ginger, I just use the fine grater on the 4 sided grater I have. If it needs more chopping which is very rare then the knife comes out.

Not me when I have that beautiful garlic crusher that is so easy to use and clean! As for ginger, I just use the fine grater on the 4 sided grater I have. If it needs more chopping which is very rare then the knife comes out.
Thanks to you I also have the beautiful WMF garlic crusher!

Photo on 08-10-2016 at 01.27 #2.jpg

And if @epicuric (who is seriously into kitchen kit) hasn't got this, then he should order one pronto! As you rightly said @SatNavSaysStraightOn, its a lifetime garlic crusher!

When I was in UK I had a cheap and cheerful alloy crusher which worked very well for years. I now have a fancy one which is essentially a waste of space because the handles flex. My garlic is now either thinly sliced or pureed (as is my ginger).

I got rid of a stovetop wok that would rather rust than cook. No matter if you dried it completely. It just took up too much space.

I don't have these anymore, and never bought them in the first place, they were all gifts. So I'm not entering them but for some ideas...

1.jpg
So wants a mug that only holds 1 biscuit. Biscuits come in pairs like kisses!

banana-slicer-1.jpg
Took more time to use... But the banana tree was useful.

avocado slicer.jpg
The photo doesn't even show it being used correctly!

:D

I have one of these. I have no idea why because I wouldn't be able to use it and would very likely do myself a serious mischief if I tried.

View attachment 3197
Out of interest, what way are/were you using it?

Through the top of the can or the side, near the top!

It's so long ago that I attempted to use it. I think through the top.

Back
Top Bottom