What would you get rid of? A prize for the best answer!

Just got rid of an old 3 tier plastic rack. Replaced it with a smaller footprint 3 tier metal rack.

got you. can't use them because of the left wrist issues and grip problems. I have no grip in that position, but I can hold a tin (not well, but better than in the other position) so... :(
Single handed use, but not cheap
One Handed.jpg

Lots of great answers so far. But keep it up. Name those kitchen items which need to go in the trash or to the charity shop! The prize for the best answer is already wrapped and ready to dispatch anywhere in the world at my expense. :D Deadline is set for (12pm BST (GMT+1)) Sunday 23rd October 2016.

Should I be concerned that I possess most of the stuff that everyone else wants to chuck out? Apart from a microwave. The bean huller attachment for the vintage Kenwood never gets used because it slices the beans too thinly, but I couldn't possibly throw it out. The spiraliser was used once, resulting in a meal of such blandness that it has been banished to a distant cupboard - life is too short. Still, I may find a use for it one day. Enamelled mussel pots however, get used most weeks. Moules Normande is a dish that I can't be without for very long.

On the other hand, I really do need to win this prize so I shall have to try harder (unless it's a copy of Rick Stein's Food Heroes - I've just ordered that off ebay). How about those ridiculous rubber cup thingies for poaching eggs in? They don't work, the eggs stick to them and I'm perfectly capable of poaching an egg in a pan of water anyway. What on earth possessed me? Or how about the mandolin, so expertly demonstrated at the food show that I just had to have one, complete with finger lacerating attachment. Just getting it out of the cupboard results in a trip to A&E. Have I won yet? If not I would settle for the cat as a consolation prize
Its not a Rick Stein book.

Its time to announce the winner of this little competition! Its a close call between @epicuric's 'Ridiculous rubber cup thingies for poaching eggs', @MrsDangermouse's 'four-egg fried egg ring.' and @Lullabelle 's cat!

In the end I chose @epicuric as the winner. :woot:The mystery prize will be dispatched ASAP! I will leave it to you @epicuric, to reveal the mystery prize in a new thread once you have received it. You could even write a short 'review' of it, perhaps... :whistling:

@epicuric, can you PM me a postal address for your prize! :happy:

Its time to announce the winner of this little competition! Its a close call between @epicuric's 'Ridiculous rubber cup thingies for poaching eggs', @MrsDangermouse's 'four-egg fried egg ring.' and @Lullabelle 's cat!

In the end I chose @epicuric as the winner. :woot:The mystery prize will be dispatched ASAP! I will leave it to you @epicuric, to reveal the mystery prize in a new thread once you have received it. You could even write a short 'review' of it, perhaps... :whistling:

@epicuric, can you PM me a postal address for your prize! :happy:

Congratulations @epicuric :bravo:

Wow, thank you @morning glory! You do realise that having won me a prize the previously useless rubber egg poaching thingies are now unlikely to be consigned to the bin :)

Back
Top Bottom