What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I've made jam but best of all is blackberry and apple pie - there is something that happens when you put blackberries and apples together which is more than the sum of two parts. Its a sort of 'scented' effect and a sweet, sour taste. I hope someone else here knows what I mean!

Apple and blackberry pie :highfive: :hungry:

I'll start corn in the weekend.

under glass or straight in the ground ? @rascal

I never had much luck with it in England but the fields around me in France are full of it. It benefitted from a wet spring and a very hot summer. Shot straight up. The farmers will be happy (makes a change)

under glass or straight in the ground ? @rascal

I never had much luck with it in England but the fields around me in France are full of it. It benefitted from a wet spring and a very hot summer. Shot straight up. The farmers will be happy (makes a change)

I plant seed on my decking which is covered. Springs 1st September here so should be planting in raised beds in 3 weeks or so. We froze about 30 whole cobs last year.

Russ

I am looking to do some more tidying in the back garden, it is coming along. My husband is going to mow the front lawn and trim the hedge between us and our neighbour.

IMG_0573.JPG

The wild blackberries are ripe for picking, but they are so small I am really struggling with the risk/reward ratio - how long will it take and how many tiny thorns will embed themselves in my fingers before I have enough for a single apple and blackberry pie! Then again, there is something a bit special about an apple and blackberry pie!

View attachment 18642
The wild blackberries are ripe for picking, but they are so small I am really struggling with the risk/reward ratio - how long will it take and how many tiny thorns will embed themselves in my fingers before I have enough for a single apple and blackberry pie! Then again, there is something a bit special about an apple and blackberry pie!

What's your ratio apples and berries please?

Russ

Ha! We can't even start thinking of starting a garden until late September. Way too hot. Well I guess we could start some Everglades tomatoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom