What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each day brings fresh windfalls of apples. This is good news for the blackbirds and thrushes, but also good news for the wasps, with which we are overrun at the moment. There are now very few shrubs in flower, but those that are - mainly buddleia and cat mint - are covered in bees and butterflies.

Around 9.30 this morning I was working in the front garden, weeding, dead-heading, cutting back dead bits and I mowed the modest lawn :heat::heat:. Another really hot day, shower done and ready for a brew :coffee:

Today it’s a tomato day!
4B99D6F3-DC7C-4655-B6BF-DC11719A8C02.jpeg
D88B96DC-DCDE-4D41-9D70-DD4CFCBCC9D5.jpeg

Another tomato day - 'surprise tomatoes'. Not from my garden but so close as to make no difference. When I asked my neighbour what type they were, he just shrugged his shoulders (as only the French can) and explained that whenever and wherever he eats a tomato that he likes, he saves the seeds. He obviously liked these.

Mat's tomatoes pic 1.JPG

First month of Spring here so I'm propagating ATM. Had good luck last year with gerkins so trying my hand at water melon this year, we have 2 greenhouses. Also beans peas and corn.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom