What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have taken down the hanging basket and thrown away the last of the marigolds. All is done for the year.

We still have some flowers in the front garden.

Last edited:
I have taken down the hanging basket and thrown away the last of the marigolds. All is done for the year.

We still have some flowers in the front garden.

My hanging basket and window boxes are on their last legs - but I have some late flowering Morning Glories in the boxes so I'm not clearing them out yet. In a few weeks time I will and then plant up winter pansies and violas in the boxes and basket, which will hopefully last until spring. Here are the last few days of Morning Glories:

fullsizeoutput_39e1.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3a22.jpeg

My hanging basket and window boxes are on their last legs - but I have some late flowering Morning Glories in the boxes so I'm not clearing them out yet. In a few weeks time I will and then plant up winter pansies and violas in the boxes and basket, which will hopefully last until spring. Here are the last few days of Morning Glories:

View attachment 19253

View attachment 19263

Earlier in the year I planted some bulbs, the flowers were a beautiful blue, they died back and the leaves are now green again. No idea what they are but they were a beautiful display.

Earlier in the year I planted some bulbs, the flowers were a beautiful blue, they died back and the leaves are now green again. No idea what they are but they were a beautiful display.

They should come again next year. Tulips (no you would know a tulip)? Anemones?

Things are starting to flower in my garden.
Hubby sent me these pictures via Facebook messenger so I apologise for quality issues. .

received_1968397673280387.jpeg received_270461033600013.jpeg received_249462228952435.jpeg
They are from a few of the fruit trees behind our house .the sides are slightly more exposed so not yet starting to flower.

Plus we have these as well .
received_289124451903160.jpeg received_410945936103121.jpeg
I did manage to identify them, but have lost their name again. They are something like summer drops or something very similar to that .they flower all summer apparently and are around 30-45cm tall. The multiple flowers on one stalk sets them aside from snow drops ,that and the time of year they are flowering.

Things are starting to flower in my garden.
Hubby sent me these pictures via Facebook messenger so I apologise for quality issues. .

View attachment 19418 View attachment 19419 View attachment 19420
They are from a few of the fruit trees behind our house .the sides are slightly more exposed so not yet starting to flower.

Plus we have these as well .
View attachment 19421 View attachment 19422
I did manage to identify them, but have lost their name again. They are something like summer drops or something very similar to that .they flower all summer apparently and are around 30-45cm tall. The multiple flowers on one stalk sets them aside from snow drops ,that and the time of year they are flowering.

:welcome: back, hope you are doing ok:hug:

No pics but I'm propagating ATM, 3 gerkin plants popped through, lettuce and silver beet, sprouting also. Carnations are through as well. Tried some black carnations as well for a change. They are through as well. Sunflowers as well. Still waiting on water melon.corn,beans. Warmer weather on its way.

Russ

Been really cold and frosty lately but we still have flowers braving the cold so there is still some colour in the front garden.

Predicting 30deg c this whole month, so garden should really take off, fruit on strawberries, should be picking in a week or so.

Russ

Not our garden but next door. Termite nest on a palm tree trunk.

termite nest.jpg

This afternoon we nipped out to get some DIY stuff and picked up a big bag of bird seed and a big pot of fat balls so both feeders are now full, just need some birds now :unsure:

Picking lettuces radishes and spring onions. Had our first new potatoes from the garden last week. Wife planted out plants I grew from seed. Chrysanthemums carnations sunflowers both yellow and a new one moulin rouge. Wife got these as it reminded her of when we went to the show last time in Paris. What a night. Water melons are planted out. Gerkins and pumpkins also. Corn n beams should produce good crops too. Lots going on here.

Russ

We're still getting nights that are very cold here, dropping down to 1-6C which means I can't actually plant anything out yet .probably a good thing given that I don't yet have a veg plot up and running ,but day time temperatures are already hitting +30C and there is very little rain. Officially we are in a state wide drought which was declared about 6 weeks ago or so . There is very little water in the dams for livestock .the 3mm we had earlier in the week won't go far and did little to top up the water levels.

So in the garden at the moment it is only established stuff that is happening .the rhubarb is growing ,the sour cherry tree saplings I dug up from my last place actually have a few fruit forming, but the main growth right now are the green almonds on the tree .next to it there are nectarines or peaches forming but they are easy too small right now to properly identify . I've 3 forms of mint growing, one is very definitely peppermint, the other two I've get to work out. I've got winter savoury , rosemary (normal and ground covering ), thyme (lemon and common), basil, chives ,sage and coriander growing around the place. But no veg yet. Hopefully I'll get some fast growing stuff in like summer leaves ,beetroot (for the leaves), rocket and carrot growing before long . Plus I should be able to get courgette, marrow and squash in. They should catch up . Tomatoes are another possibility of I buy small plants instead of trying from seeds. Fingers crossed. Being in hospital for planting season has really knocked my season on the head!

20181103181414_IMG_1330.JPG

Green almonds

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom