What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picking and freezing peas at the moment. Beans are a week away. First cucumber nearly ready, broccoli ready as well. First raspberries eaten a few days ago, I will freeze them from now for coulis and jam.

Russ
I am envious! As winter sets in here, our garden yields nothing but wind and rain.

I am envious! As winter sets in here, our garden yields nothing but wind and rain.

thailand winter.jpg

A bit overcast today. Just strawberries and peas today. Carnations grown from seed are not far away. Carnations are my favourite flower. Do blokes have favourite flowers?? These will end up on my late mums and my late m.i.l graves. We have sunflowers growing as well, about 3 ft at the moment. Yellow and the red ones called moulin rouge. I guess my wife bought the seeds because we've had supper at the show in Paris.

Russ

Went out for a walk earlier and saw a thrush in a neighbours tree, haven't seen 1 of those around here for a very long time.

We have a great range of birds in and around our garden. From finches to magpies. There's one blackbird that follows my wife around in the garden. We think it's the one we saved last year. We were in the lounge downstairs and heard an almighty bang on our French doors , we went out to look to find an unconscious blackbird on the deck and a magpie standing over it, about to do the coup de gras, sp?, when I opened the door and frighten the bird ended it, he flew off. I put the bird in the recovery position and it came around after about a minute, then shook itself then flew off.

Russ

We have a great range of birds in and around our garden. From finches to magpies. There's one blackbird that follows my wife around in the garden. We think it's the one we saved last year. We were in the lounge downstairs and heard an almighty bang on our French doors , we went out to look to find an unconscious blackbird on the deck and a magpie standing over it, about to do the coup de gras, sp?, when I opened the door and frighten the bird ended it, he flew off. I put the bird in the recovery position and it came around after about a minute, then shook itself then flew off.

Russ

What is the recovery position for a bird :scratchhead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom