What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
$30 the guy cuts lawns, trims edges and takes clippings away.

I also have a 'man' to do do all that. Best thing I ever did in terms of the garden. He charges £10 per hr and its usually 3 hrs per month in winter and maybe twice that in summer. Money well spent as he takes all the trimmings and debris away and disposes of it and also jet washes the patio when needed, does planting and leaves everything neat.

I also have a 'man' to do do all that. Best thing I ever did in terms of the garden. He charges £10 per hr and its usually 3 hrs per month in winter and maybe twice that in summer. Money well spent as he takes all the trimmings and debris away and disposes of it and also jet washes the patio when needed, does planting and leaves everything neat.

Cheap as chips isn't it, no worry about clippings etc. my guy is a foodie too, I've put some curried onions out for him, he's just txt and told me he makes his own bacon and will be giving me some to try.yay. Love doing swaps.

Russ

Any winter crops being grown by you guys? Wife plants out brassicas in winter.

Russ
I'm not yet ready with the veg plot but it is covered over with black matting to stop the weeds and had been throughout the hottest part of summer so that should kill off the roots as well.

I'm getting ready to plant out the kale plants I brought from my old place . The plants themselves are several years old now but still keep in producing kale. I've got 3 different varieties growing. Once they are in and the 2 rhubarb plants moved to where the overflow for the water tank over flows into the veg plot (best and thickest, longest grass grew there) then I'll get the garlic, onions and leeks sown/in. But not all of the veg plot of fenced in yet so there needs to be a little more work done. Fencing to stop the odd wallaby/roo and chickens plus rabbits .
I'll want the remaining ground ready for potatoes ,beans carrots peas, etc in early spring

I'm not yet ready with the veg plot but it is covered over with black matting to stop the weeds and had been throughout the hottest part of summer so that should kill off the roots as well.

I'm getting ready to plant out the kale plants I brought from my old place . The plants themselves are several years old now but still keep in producing kale. I've got 3 different varieties growing. Once they are in and the 2 rhubarb plants moved to where the overflow for the water tank over flows into the veg plot (best and thickest, longest grass grew there) then I'll get the garlic, onions and leeks sown/in. But not all of the veg plot of fenced in yet so there needs to be a little more work done. Fencing to stop the odd wallaby/roo and chickens plus rabbits .
I'll want the remaining ground ready for potatoes ,beans carrots peas, etc in early spring

We grew kale, I couldn't give it away!! I don't like kale. We are watering like crazy, no restrictions here.

Russ

Another lovely sunny day, washing is on the line. Someone round here is mowing their lawn, ours is still too wet to mow.

We have beautiful crocus smiling in our front garden along with clumps of gorgeous yellow narcissus. Can't remember what we planted last year but things are starting to show so we will soon see, at least this was I know where to plant the bulbs we bought today, will look at doing that next month.

IMG_1100.JPG

In the sun, yesterday.

My Grannie used to grow these ever year without fail. I can distinctly remember them. We used to buy one for her to grow every Christmas from M&S in the days when it was St Michael. They would come as a kit with a matching china pot.

Love lilies.

Russ
I gather from wiki that they are only distantly related to lilies. They are Amaryllis. I had no idea that they could grow straight in the ground here in Australia. I've not seen any leaves on them as to date ,which obviously they need. The bulbs are a mass on top of each other growing well above the soil (and hence moisture) level . Some are more than 15 or 20cm above the ground because of the old bulbs underneath. When winter comes, I'll replant all of them into soil and ensure they get some water! Next year I might just have a better display. I've got above 10 flower spikes at the moment from hundreds of bulbs .
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaryllis

They are lovely :)
Thank you.
They are and whilst pink is not my colour they are a great splash of colour when everything else had finished . The also remind me of my Grannie who would have been fascinated to see them growing in the ground here in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom