What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday saw the mower coming out of the shed for the first cut of grass this year. On the way to the lawn this little fella almost got squished. Something made me look round and spot him just in time.View attachment 23278
It really was his lucky day! He was promptly relocated to the woods before the dogs spotted him.

Cutie

On Sunday I gave our front lawn it's first mow of the year. Weather permitting I can get cracking on the back law and garden this weekend. We still don't have quite enough light in the evenings to do much.

I picked some more Everglades tomatoes yesterday, as well as some red Japanese hot peppers and some totally red and some partially red shishito peppers.

2019-03-26 07.23.34.jpg

Last edited:
Every now and again our lawnmower comes out. It's seen more action at our new home. It's actually been out 3 times this year, though once was a failed start with it failing to start (new speak plug needed) and the second time round wasn't the rip roaring success expected of a newly serviced lawnmower. Actually it was ripping ,it was ripping the grass up rather than cutting it. Hubby hits too many Putney objects . New blades required. Third time was lucky for the lawnmower in more ways that it will ever realise . It actually cut the grass.

Mind you the previous year it didn't actually get to come out all season, so I guess once is infinitely more than zero times and who knows , next year it might even get to come out twice to successfully cut the lawn...

We nipped into ALDI for a few bits and picked up mixed gladioli and lily bulbs. There bedding plants looked pretty good but they had very little choice, I would much prefer to buy a load of plants than a few here and there, I find it much easier to keep track of what we have so we know what to and what not to buy.

The past couple of weeks I have been pottering around in the front garden, planted some bulbs, gave the lawn it's first mow of the year, bit of weeding etc..so this morning U went back out there, mowed the lawn again, a bit more weeding and gave the whole garden a good soaking because we haven't had rain for quite some time, it is coming along.

The past couple of weeks I have been pottering around in the front garden, planted some bulbs, gave the lawn it's first mow of the year, bit of weeding etc..so this morning U went back out there, mowed the lawn again, a bit more weeding and gave the whole garden a good soaking because we haven't had rain for quite some time, it is coming along.

Grey days here, not a lot to do in the garden, stuffs being pulled out. Caulis and brassicas planted out, propagating peas to try and grow as the packer says Autumn will grow.?

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom