What's Your Favorite (Food) Color?

Regarding tabouli...

I have found quinoa a good bulgar substitute - there's no bulgar in my area but quinoa has become ubiquitous recently.

A friend makes a salad that is exactly like tabouli except she uses chickpeas where you would normally use the bulgar and she adds minced garlic to the lemon & oil dressing

HMMMM?

I have never thought of food color - at least not consciously. When I plan a meal I some how consider the way the food will look on the plate - that means color.

I like yellow

Corn Maque Choux (mock shoe)
Shrimp with jalapeno cheese Polenta (in the south Polenta = Grits.)
Saffron Risotto
Corn and Crab Bisque (Just a touch of yellow from the corn)
3 Cheese Mac and Cheese - serious comfort food

I have a garden so I like

Red/Orange - Heirloom Tomatoes, carrots, beets
Green - snap beans, Bell pepper, Jalapeno, lettuce, spinach, mustard greens, kale, herbs, the list goes on.

WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT??? :p:

I have no favorite color in food. I like a pretty plate and try to use color for presentation.

@morning glory

The recipes on line really don't do justice to the dish.

The early Acadians borrowed the recipe from the Native Americans then adapted it. I will post a recipe either later today or tomorrow.

I will be working in my garden vegetable garden today.

What a beautiful day! Clear skies and 60 degrees F. :woot: :roflmao: :bravo:

Such a nice change from the heat and humidity.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

I have never considered the food colours but I've seen that cooking something coloured makes me happy and excited. For example purple carrots (in any way), or suffron/turmeric risotti or something with a lot of green/orange/red, I'm much more motivated to cook.
And I taste them with much more mouth-watering.
Colour clothes: black on top! But with something coloured like fucsia (I love it) or green or red. Also love black and white, sometimes grey, never brown or bordeaux.

I have never considered the food colours but I've seen that cooking something coloured makes me happy and excited. For example purple carrots (in any way), or suffron/turmeric risotti or something with a lot of green/orange/red, I'm much more motivated to cook.
And I taste them with much more mouth-watering.
Colour clothes: black on top! But with something coloured like fucsia (I love it) or green or red. Also love black and white, sometimes grey, never brown or bordeaux.

I think radicchio paired with greens in food jump off the plate and are impacting .. Of course Saffron rices and the corals of shellfish and salmon as well ..

Have a lovely day .. I also love Black desserts ! Highly dazzling dynamic cinematic .. Served in glass verrines or cocktail - ware ..

Food colours. Any colour that's vibrant.

This is a pizza served at an Italian restaurant in town.

tam tam pizza.jpg

This is one of mine:

pizza pepperoni and mushroom s.jpg

I am not implying that mine tastes better but in my opinion it looks better. Of course, it could be just the lighting but I doubt it.

Food colours. Any colour that's vibrant.

This is a pizza served at an Italian restaurant in town.

View attachment 10325

This is one of mine:

View attachment 10326

I am not implying that mine tastes better but in my opinion it looks better. Of course, it could be just the lighting but I doubt it.

@Yorky :thumbsup: your pizza looks super.
Back to italian pizza: I think that the right lights can do a lot. Anyway, the real coloured, delicious Italian pizza, (for me) is only in Italy. I'm not a fan of Italian restaurants abroad, except for very few of them.

Back to italian pizza: I think that the right lights can do a lot. Anyway, the real coloured, delicious Italian pizza, (for me) is only in Italy. I'm not a fan of Italian restaurants abroad, except for very few of them.

The guy who runs the restaurant is Italian and he brought the pizza oven from Italy (and paid a fortune in import duties for it). However, I appreciate that just because he is Italian it doesn't automatically mean that he can make/cook pizza. I do not know what his job was in Italy before he moved over here.

What do you think is the main difference?

Back
Top Bottom