What's your favorite plant-based milk?

True2marie

Veteran
Local time
11:29 AM
Plant-based milks are more popular than ever, especially soy. Which one do you enjoy? I am fond of almond milk and vanilla soy milk. However, I am willing to try others like hemp milk. Dr. Oz drinks hemp milk with coffee in the morning.

I love almond milk. I have been drinking it for years since I'm lactose intolerant. In a pinch, I will drink rice milk, but it's thinner than almond milk. I have seen hemp milk, but it's costly. I would like to sample it before spending money on it.

I love Oat Milk and also make my own nut milks which allows me to make them creamier than the shop bought stuff and they are really easy to make. 250g of nuts soaked overnight (shelled but not skinned), 4 dates, 1L of water blended until really smooth, then put through a very fine muslin bag (or dedicated nut milk bag).

Plant-based milks are more popular than ever, especially soy. Which one do you enjoy? I am fond of almond milk and vanilla soy milk. However, I am willing to try others like hemp milk. Dr. Oz drinks hemp milk with coffee in the morning.

My favorite is almond milk. I go through a carton of almond milk at least every 3 days! I incorporate it into everything that I would normally use regular milk in (although I no longer drink regular milk). Such as smoothies, french toast, mashed potatoes, homemade ice cream, and baked desserts! Delicious stuff. Go organic!

Almond milk is what I consider to be the best of the alternative plant-based milks, but coconut milk is good for many purposes. I consider soy milk to be unhealthy, especially for men. Consider goat milk as a healthy alternative to cow's milk. Many people who think that they are lactose intolerant are in fact allergic to cow's milk

I agree with a lot of the above posters! I really like almond milk, even the unsweetened varieties. When I'm being a little more indulgent, dark chocolate almond milk is amazing! I also like the blends with coconut milk. I don't mind the taste of hemp milk either when I'm mixing it in a smoothie or using it for cereal. I also like soy milk for those purposes as well, but I get enough soy in my diet already so I try to limit consumption.

I like drinking chocolate hemp milk because it's super tasty and you get all of your essential fats from it. It's a great alternative for people who don't like taking fish oil supplements. You won't get high from it! I don't like drinking too much soy milk or eating too many soy based products because it can mess with your estrogen levels.

Studies about the health benefits of soy products are usually based on ethnic groups who have thousands of years of history of using soy products as a major source of food. Studies of any food that has been used by an ethnic group for thousands of years should never be extrapolated to ethnic groups who have not used t, especially if it is a source of protein.

My favorite plant based milk is soy milk. I love food that has soy like tofu, soy bean paste that I sometimes use in my cooking that needs the use of it.

I like drinking chocolate hemp milk because it's super tasty and you get all of your essential fats from it. It's a great alternative for people who don't like taking fish oil supplements. You won't get high from it! I don't like drinking too much soy milk or eating too many soy based products because it can mess with your estrogen levels.
Chocolate hemp milk sounds particularly decadent until you realize that most hemp milk does not contain the euphoric elements of hemp to go along with the chocolate. Is hemp milk made from the seed, which is quite high in food value?

Almond milk for cold cereal if you are a health freak. I cant drink almond milk now cus of acid reflux. Almond milk beats regular milk at the store but this is just my opinion. I will start using almond milk for cooking too.

Milk comes from mammals.

Not exclusively. According to Oxford Dictionary:

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 17.37.27.png

I just posted in the nut forum about trying milked peanuts....its a far cry from milk but it was tastey.

Back
Top Bottom