What's your next new piece of kitchen equipment?

If we can collect the required number of stickers from our major superstore, we hope to be getting this to replace an old aluminium one. 240 mm diameter.

We have 79 so need another 61 before the end of September. 1 sticker for each Bht 200 (£4.50) spent.
View attachment 17671

love this stock pot, but I won't get it. Got enough. :wink:

I almost bought a new small appliance recently, but ended up getting a gadget to do the same thing.

I've been looking into making zucchini noodles and saw a small motorized version of a vegetable spiralizer in a shop while on vacation. But then I realized something that doesn't hide away well in a drawer in the kitchen ends up going into the black hole of the basement, and my wife claims plausable deniability.

So, I bought the handheld gadget version of it, called the Veggetti.

51Pz08Kr7rL._AC_SY400_.jpg

I hope to try this out on Friday evening.

I almost bought a new small appliance recently, but ended up getting a gadget to do the same thing.

I've been looking into making zucchini noodles and saw a small motorized version of a vegetable spiralizer in a shop while on vacation. But then I realized something that doesn't hide away well in a drawer in the kitchen ends up going into the black hole of the basement, and my wife claims plausable deniability.

So, I bought the handheld gadget version of it, called the Veggetti.

View attachment 17699

I hope to try this out on Friday evening.

I've got one of these - or very similar. TBH I rarely use it.. I reckon zucchini noodles (courgetti) are overrated. I quite like spiralised veg in a salad sometimes.

I've been using these mechanical scales for years but they're a bit cumbersome and inaccurate....

scales s.jpg

so I've ordered a fancy digital one.

I've been using these mechanical scales for years but they're a bit cumbersome and inaccurate....

View attachment 19146

so I've ordered a fancy digital one.

I use a digital one but I find its not accurate for small amounts - like say, 9g of salt which I use in a loaf. You can pour more salt in, take some out and it doesn't register. I may post a new thread re this problem.

I use a digital one but I find its not accurate for small amounts - like say, 9g of salt which I use in a loaf. You can pour more salt in, take some out and it doesn't register. I may post a new thread re this problem.

To be honest, I rarely am that accurate with small amounts (which is probably why my pastry always turns out crap). However, if it is imperative that I need 9 grams of salt I have, in the past, asked Google to tell me the equivalent of how many teaspoons 9 grams of salt equates.

Back
Top Bottom