Recipe Wheat with grape must

MypinchofItaly

Forum GOD!
Local time
9:18 PM
Website
mypinchofitaly.co.uk
This recipe brings me back in time when I was little girl and it was prepared by my aunts for the All Souls' Day on November 2nd.

Wheat with cooked grape must and pomegranate is one of the typical Apulian recipes.

It is a simple dessert, tasty and rich in healthy ingredients such as wheat, pomegranate, walnuts or almonds, dark chocolate and grape must.

Serves 4, Preparation time 5 mins, Cooking time 1 day and 1/2 or 2 days soak in water

• 500 g wheat
  • grape must to taste
  • walnuts or almonds to taste
  • 1 pomegranate (juice and berries)
  • 100 g dark chocolate to cut in pieces

Method

Rinse the grain, and soak it in a pot full of water for at least 1 day and half or even 2 days.

Transfer the pot to the fire, and cook until baking: the grains tend to open slightly. Turn off the fire, drain the grain, put in a bowl and let it cool.

Now squeeze pomegranate juice and its berries into the bowl, add crushed walnuts , dark chocolate pieces or flakes and the grape must to taste. Stir and ready!

Suggestions: if you can not find the wheat, there are also commercially available the jars with grain already cooked.

Wheat.jpg

@MypinchofItaly

Lovely lovely. Great flavor profile ..

Here in Barcelona and Gerona, it is common to eat Mazapán, Almond flour Panellets with chocolate or lemon and Nugget on All Saints Day .. My mom and mom in law ! Not me ..

Back
Top Bottom