When did you start cooking?

Wow! That is such a lovely thing to say. Its made my day @detroitdad. And you know, its a bit the same for me, too.

Your cooking has been intensely satisfying after "I" joined the sight? lol.......

This is an awesome site. So friendly and helpful. I've been really busy the last few weekends. Unexpected death on my wife's side of the family last month that has taken us out of state a couple of times. Then vacations, ect.....I hope to get back to cooking something new and fun this upcoming weekend :)

I've been considering cottage pie but with a "bubble and squeak" topping.

I'm trying to think of a name.

"Rumbledethumps Pie" is a possibility.

I started cooking when I was a boy because my Mum was a good cook and wanted to teach me. After Uni I went travelling Europe and didn't cook much then but tasted lots of different food. In the last 5 years since I met my partner I've started cooking more seriously and I do nearly all the cooking. There is always more to learn.

I started cooking a few meals when I was about 16, but never cooked much until I went to live in Germany in the late 1960s. Never really started cooking seriously until I retired, when I had possibly too much time on my hands, and of course being on here has made me much more adventurous.

I started cooking a few meals when I was about 16, but never cooked much until I went to live in Germany in the late 1960s. Never really started cooking seriously until I retired, when I had possibly too much time on my hands, and of course being on here has made me much more adventurous.

Being retired has meant that my cooking has improved immensely, so I really understand that - having time, at last! Did you cook a lot when you were in Germany then? I've noticed before that you know quite a lot about German food.

Being retired has meant that my cooking has improved immensely, so I really understand that - having time, at last! Did you cook a lot when you were in Germany then? I've noticed before that you know quite a lot about German food.
Actually I didn't cook much when I was in Germany - it was often cheaper to go down the pub (especially the Greek ones and the (then) Yugoslav ones). I started cooking some of the food simply because I missed it terribly - the same goes for Austrian food, and Greek food.

Back
Top Bottom