When I am alone I eat...

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
1:56 PM
Do you eat differently when you are alone? Do you eat different foods or in a different place in your home when alone? I don't live alone but I generally eat alone (its complicated). And if you live alone, do you eat differently from how you did when you were living with other people?

Oddly, I tend to eat better when Im by myself. I make so many group meals, when I have
the night to myself on occasion, I tend to treat myself to something I dont cook very often,
enchiladas, chicken marsala, chicken cordon bleu etc. Provided I have on hand what's
needed. If not, I perform my own pantry challenge, and make something cool with whatever IS on hand.

I like to eat on my terrace, alone or with my husband who I consider my best friend ..

I eat at my office desk on Mondays if I am in Barcelona as I have alot of computer work to do .. But that is something I have been doing a long time ..

No, I am very veered towards the Mediterranean Diet as is my husband.

I eat lunch out if in Barcelona with colleagues & also with press or travel agents or client representatives the rest of the laboral week ..

Alone or together, we eat Japanese, Italian, Greek, Catalan Classics, Spanish Regional, Basque, Lebanese, Moroccan, Thai, French, Bar / Tavern Tapas and once every 4 to 8 weeks Indian, alone or together or with clients or colleagues .. We do not eat differently .. I also like the La Boqueria Market renowned tapas bar and my colleagues and I go there or with my husband or alone ..

I eat usually completely different food if other people are here, unless they particularly want something I eat regularly and I have cooked for West Indian and Asian food for people from the Caribbean, India and Singapore in the past. I much prefer just cooking for me though. I can try out all the dishes I post about on here, and make them how I like them without being told that something is too hot and spicy or not authentic.

I eat usually completely different food if other people are here, unless they particularly want something I eat regularly and I have cooked for West Indian and Asian food for people from the Caribbean, India and Singapore in the past. I much prefer just cooking for me though. I can try out all the dishes I post about on here, and make them how I like them without being told that something is too hot and spicy or not authentic.

Quite right too. I admire the way you cook for yourself, cook properly and cook hot and spicy!

Since hubby retired, I never get to be alone anymore. *sigh*

We each eat alone most nights. Hubby's a TV watcher. I'm a big fan of my hometown baseball team, so I'm usually in the kitchen listening to the game, or listening to a sports show talking about the team. Otherwise, I read when I eat. Same food for both of us, though, unless we're working over the leftovers. Then it's first to the kitchen=best fed. :D

Back
Top Bottom