When was the last time you ate an egg?

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
6:56 PM
Quite a few of us here love eggs. When was the last time you ate an egg and how was it cooked?

Photography: 'Egg bleed' by @Yorky

gammom jacket nov bleed.jpg

Last edited:
2 scrambled with cheese on either Monday or Tuesday. The cheese was some Mexican white cheese (straight out of Mexico, no clue which one exactly because the package wasn't labeled) and a blend of 4 cheeses but can't tell you which ones because I repackaged it and threw the original package away. Cheese also freezes nicely.

2 scrambled with cheese on either Monday or Tuesday. The cheese was some Mexican white cheese (straight out of Mexico, no clue which one exactly because the package wasn't labeled) and a blend of 4 cheeses but can't tell you which ones because I repackaged it and threw the original package away. Cheese also freezes nicely.

I've never thought of freezing cheese!

I hard boiled some eggs at the beginning of the week and had egg mayo sandwiches for 3 days, Monday with a bit of left over bacon, Tuesday with porkcheta bought on yellow sticker, Wednesday with spinach leaves.

So here is a question for you @Yorky. How many eggs do you eat in a week? You have to be the egg champion!

Someone else asked me that recently during a discussion on "are eggs good or bad for you?". I reckon if the week's food does not include an omelette, an average of eight. If an omelette is on the menu, probably ten.

I usually have an egg daily for breakfast - quite often coddled (a nicer method than boiling it), although sometimes poached or scrambled.

To coddle the egg, I pierce the wider end of the egg with a skewer (to allow the air to escape and so not break the egg) and bring water to the boil. Then I place the egg in (with a teaspoon) and lower the heat to medium, letting it simmer for 1 minute.

Then leave it in the pan but off the heat for 4 mins. The perfect soft egg with velvety egg white, i.e. not tough.
I eat it with sourdough toast and organic butter.

Back
Top Bottom