When was the last time you ate an egg?

However, I did have a set of coddlers like that, only with blue flowers. I got them from an aunt when she was cleaning out some of her old things before a move.

My Mum's ones actually had more, smaller pink flowers on them. They were very pretty. After she died, they became an ornament. I don't know what happened to them. They were there one minute and gone the next. They were about 50 years old then and she had even kept the box they came in. I expect someone else in the family had them as my brother and my Dad would not have had any use for them.

What I find interesting about eggs is that if you ask people how they like to eat them you will get a different answer every time as far as procedure,(i.e. dipping, mashing, cutting, etc..) how they are cooked, what condiments they enjoy with them.

What I find interesting about eggs is that if you ask people how they like to eat them you will get a different answer every time as far as procedure,(i.e. dipping, mashing, cutting, etc..) how they are cooked, what condiments they enjoy with them.
I like them every which way except overcooked - which unfortunately is how they are often served in cafes.

I did a couple of boiled eggs for lunch today, and when I took the top off the first one, it was too runny for my liking. I popped them back in the pan for another couple of minutes to rescue them - maybe they were too cold. I had to be a bit innovative though to make sure the one I'd cracked didn't fall over :giggle:
WP_20170327_14_32_02_Pro.jpg

I did a couple of boiled eggs for lunch today, and when I took the top off the first one, it was too runny for my liking. I popped them back in the pan for another couple of minutes to rescue them - maybe they were too cold. I had to be a bit innovative though to make sure the one I'd cracked didn't fall over :giggle:View attachment 5988

Needs must!

Eggs:

My favorite ways to prepare eggs or have them in a restaurant:

Eggs Benedict ( A gorgeous Brunch )
Deviled Eggs
French Omelette
Hard Boiled with Ali Oli for dipping
Egg Salad ( sándwich )
Quail Eggs in a salad
Salads with hard boiled eggs

Have a lovely day ..
Good Post ..

Duck eggs are enormous !!

How do you prepare duck eggs verses hen´s ?

Have a lovely day.

We very rarely eat hen's eggs. However, other than the size and the yolk colour I fail to see the difference.

Prepared exactly the same way.

@Yorky,

Wow .. They are gigantic .. We call these " Dinosaurus Eggs " here !! HA HA HA HA ..

Fabulous Dish .. 1 MORE QUESTION: The tasting profile is the same as a hen´s eggs ?

Have a lovely day.

Thank you.

I had egg and potato salad in a mustard/mayo base yesterday. Not bad, but I think you lose the egg"s flavor in the mustard/mayo combo, along with it's texture from the spuds.

Potato salad and egg salad are better by themselves, in other words.

Back
Top Bottom