When was the last time you ate an egg?

@Yorky,

Wow .. They are gigantic .. We call these " Dinosaurus Eggs " here !! HA HA HA HA ..

Fabulous Dish .. 1 MORE QUESTION: The tasting profile is the same as a hen´s eggs ?

Have a lovely day.

Thank you.

I think they taste a little richer. But you cook them in exactly the same way:

Here is a duck egg I cooked a few weeks ago: Home-made flatbread with charred aubergine puree, butternut squash roasted in tamarind and a fried duck egg. Topped with dill and Aji Molido dried chilli.

IMGP1884.jpg

IMGP1885.jpg

I had egg and potato salad in a mustard/mayo base yesterday. Not bad, but I think you lose the egg"s flavor in the mustard/mayo combo, along with it's texture from the spuds.

Potato salad and egg salad are better by themselves, in other words.

I am veered toward agree-ing with you.

The most memorable eggsalad sándwich on black bread I have ever had, was at the 135 year old Institution called Katz´s Deli in Manhattan .. Where they filmed "When Harry Met Sally" AND I was in Manhattan for a travel convention held near Battery Park area, 2 years ago.

It is so simple: hard boiled egg, a bit of celery very finely minced and a touch of Mayo, salt and a very mild subtle shallot or sweet onion .. I WONDER IF THERE IS ANOTHER SECRET !
Ha Ha Ha ..

Dijon or German style mustard can go well with potato salad .. I think alot has to do with the quantity used too ..

Have a lovely day .. Thanks ..

Last edited:

Here is a duck egg I cooked a few weeks ago: Home-made flatbread with charred aubergine puree, butternut squash roasted in tamarind and a fried duck egg. Topped with dill and Aji Molido dried chilli.

View attachment 7555

View attachment 7556

WOW .. Looks wonderful !!! Thank you for all your information. I shall speak to my Egg Gentlemen at the Market Kiosk at Mercat La Boqueria ..

Have a lovely day ..

Hard boiled about an hour ago (12:30 PM-Monday)

Before that......3 "over easy" at my favorite deli with scrapple and wheat toast.

P.S.....no offense to anyone...but..."over easy" is the only way to eat eggs !...:):happy::okay:

The last time I had eaten an egg was actually today.

I had a French Omelette with a salad for lunch.

Very simple after a very long coach ( bus ) ride ..

View attachment 7555

View attachment 7556

Looks delicious .. Like your bread ...

For me, a good omelette should be slightly runny inside and slightly golden outside. A lot of people disagree - but that is how I was taught to make it by my half French ex-partner.

I love runny eggs on soft white sandwich bread. It leaks everywhere and you sop u the yolk with the sandwich...I should post this in food that brings back memories, but it I'm still eating it...

Back
Top Bottom